• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's up with MOA members nowdays?? Ripped off again...

I told the seller OK lets do it. He then said he would like me to come into his home office and give him a good feedback. I told him I could give the feedback when I got home. He told me that if I didn't want to give him a good feedback then he wouldn't sell me the truck and I would also lose my deposit. Well, I wanted to kill the guy right then but my brother told me it wasn't worth it, just to either buy it or lets go home. My brother is older than me and he was already tired and ready to go home. If it had not been a 500 mile round trip and me dragging on a friend and my brother, I would have turned and walked or got put in jail. But, I gave him what he wanted, paid for it and left. DW

Another option would have been for you to say to him, "Really? Wait in your home office while I call the the Sheriff and meet him in your driveway. Me and him will be right with you to talk about arresting you and charging you with blackmail and theft." Of course, the Sheriff will probably tell you it's a civil matter and he can't do anything, but the seller might be scared enough to cave in.

Another option would have been for you to say to him, "Really? Wait in your home office while I call the the Sheriff and meet him in your driveway. Me and him will be right with you to talk about arresting you and charging you with blackmail and theft." Of course, the Sheriff will probably tell you it's a civil matter and he can't do anything, but the seller might be scared enough to cave in.

That's what I like to see... Jersey style in your face when appropriate!

That was a "tough one" on the truck deal. Hard to walk away & hard to keep a civil tone. I guess "coercion" is the perhaps a better word than blackmail but still not a great place to be on a deal. I wouldn't do that to my sheriff & he wouldn't want pulled in on it either. Certainly it would have been difficult to keep my cool with that character! I have had the experience several times of the "moving sale price" where we agree on a price & then it gets re-opened to negotiation(w/o a reason) when they are picking up the vehicle. I've gotten to the point where I bring up the "price is the price" thing once supposedly settled.

That's what I like to see... Jersey style in your face when appropriate!

Nah, Jersey Style would be to grab him by the shirt and have a face-to-face as to why it's not going to go down the way he was threatening the buyer it would... But I was trying to tone it down from my first instinct, the Jersey Style response.

.......... I have had the experience several times of the "moving sale price" where we agree on a price & then it gets re-opened to negotiation(w/o a reason) when they are picking up the vehicle. .............

Don't feel bad. Same thing happens in a dealership sometimes. Called price remorse. Or, my wife won't let me... blah, blah, blah

Nah, Jersey Style would be to grab him by the shirt and have a face-to-face as to why it's not going to go down the way he was threatening the buyer it would... But I was trying to tone it down from my first instinct, the Jersey Style response.

Metro New York is definitely a more direct approach typically. The rest of the country doesn't get off on it. Such is life. Nothing wrong with direct and polite.

Yea, you really got to watch that Bud Meade!

He sends you stuff & then expects you to pay him for it after you get it!

Ken

Back