• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tool kit tire iron on 2005 RT

droptine

Droptine1968
Other then used as a defensive weapon, will the tire iron that came with the tool kit serve any purpose for an R1200rt on the road?

Think you're looking at something added by previous owner. ... And no.

I don't think so. The tool roll has a diagram picture of what tools go where, and that thing is included, and some of the items do say BMW on them. I'd like to eliminate it because I have T bar with a socket reciever that will take up less spacke.

I don't think so. The tool roll has a diagram picture of what tools go where, and that thing is included, and some of the items do say BMW on them. I'd like to eliminate it because I have T bar with a socket reciever that will take up less spacke.

You may have an entire tool kit added by the former owner. I have a 2005 RT I bought new and the "tool kit" had only two items - a cable for securing the helmet and a small "wrench" for removing the oil filler cap. Every tool now under the seat I've put there.

You may have an entire tool kit added by the former owner. I have a 2005 RT I bought new and the "tool kit" had only two items - a cable for securing the helmet and a small "wrench" for removing the oil filler cap. Every tool now under the seat I've put there.
I think some people did get this kit, then some like you got nothing worthwhile in that year. I'm in the process piecing together a much better set of tools then what this kit has. It will still be cheaper then going with the kits like ADV Riders, or Cruz Tools. Being that some of the items are tools and sockets that I have duplicates of already.

Back