• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

mono shock front wheel bearings

mikegates

Total Freak
going to re tire the Rt (95), I have the sealed front bearings, I have a puller, got the bearings. Snowbum says to heat the hub. are these wheels painted? will 250 degrees burn the paint off?

Hey Mike...No answers,just questions.

I too have the sealed front wheel bearings and have done nada to them in the ~15 years/100k miles I have
had the bike.

Are yours starting to feel notchy or otherwise worn? Or is this a premptive replacement??

just something to do. After jumping it like a willys in four wheel drive, and using the left handed monkey wrench thought it was time.:scratch

the heat spec in the repair manual won't harm the paint using a heat gun. Be very careful using (or don't use) a torch. Go slow, apply heat with the gun moving continuously.

I insert and tighten the bearing puller so it is applying some pressure, then heat the hub. As soon as it is hot enough you will hear a slight creek as the pressure moves the bearing a little - then use the puller to pull it out.

Back