View Poll Results: Should the MOA have a proactive roll in presenting its members concerns to BMW NA?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would LIKE the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects.

58 39.73%
  • I would NOT like the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects

88 60.27%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Please vote if you think the MOA should have a more proactive stance with BMW NA

Thumbs up I'm in as a plus 1....and I'm

.....#6...in agreement with the HexST position; ride & rally and enjoy!

"travel'n" john

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by HexST View Post
    I joined 11 years ago to meet and interact with like minded and fellow riders of the same Marque that I enjoyed. I did not intend then or do I now expect this group to be an advocacy arm for my problems with Corporation I have decided to buy from. I have other options to seek legal and personal gains from the BMW dealers and company. I might post my disdain for a corporate decision that is not in my favor, but I hope this forum or organization would not turn into my personal platform to vent a never ending deluge of spite and rallying to gain support for a platform that is not a part of the group charter. I feel for your pain in dealing with BMWNA and BMW but a lawyer or civil suite is your foil, not a group of folks that just want to ride and enjoy each others company.
    And people that may have a problem affording an attorney are to do what?

There is nothing wrong with helping fellow riders as the need arises. It's actually the humane thing to do.

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by espressoforyou View Post
    I know that this is going to raise all kinds of negative comments, but this might, and I mean might be an option we want to consider. First off let me say that I do not like 98% of lawyers and my wife even works for a law firm. But, lawyers get corporations attention in a big and quick way. I have been in contact with LemonLaw.com and I might ask them what they could offer the MOA. Since the MOA accepts advertising to help fund the foundation maybe we could get a law firm that specializes in lemons to barter out advertising for legal representation. I would prefer to have our on in house advocate but bartering advertising for a legal advocate might be an inexpensive way to get a strong arm in dealing with BMW NA.

Don't yell at me, I am just throwing this option out for consideration.
    IMO attorneys should be used when all else fails. There is no excuse to not go about this in an adult-like manner and try to reason first. If that fails then you go attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by HexST View Post
    I joined 11 years ago to meet and interact with like minded and fellow riders of the same Marque that I enjoyed. I did not intend then or do I now expect this group to be an advocacy arm for my problems with Corporation I have decided to buy from. I have other options to seek legal and personal gains from the BMW dealers and company. I might post my disdain for a corporate decision that is not in my favor, but I hope this forum or organization would not turn into my personal platform to vent a never ending deluge of spite and rallying to gain support for a platform that is not a part of the group charter. I feel for your pain in dealing with BMWNA and BMW but a lawyer or civil suite is your foil, not a group of folks that just want to ride and enjoy each others company.
    +7

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlmoose View Post
    I vote no. The MOA is a social club bringing together people with an interest / passion for the BMW marque and I don't want the organization to become an entity that ends up in an adversarial relationship with BMW. Bad idea in the long run I believe.
    Uh... hello... an adversarial relationship already exists. And, BMW NA started it. I know. i worked with them on a daily basis for a few years. I do believe it is our responsibility to help others although this certainly does not seem to be the popular thing to do in this club I'm sad to say. Most are too concerned with their own happiness and your 2nd sentence confirms that. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Not only should a dealer be profitable a dealer should do what is right by the customer. A customer has the right to receive quality product when paying premium prices. A dealer should go to bat for the customer when the need arises. A dealer that is afraid of an adversarial relationship with BMW is far more likely to short change the customer.

BMW Rider
    I'll say it again... why isn't this poll a sticky?

Where can we vote for you to stop making threads?
    Nate R
    2013 R1200RT 90th - "Tyr" - 28k - Purchased 12/13/2013 brand new!
    2007 R1200S - "Sexy Beast" - 28k - sold
    2006 R1200RT "Wōden" - 84k - sold

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I vote we let this topic die. How many identical threads have you started now? Honestly, the flavor is akin to those annoying jehovah's witnesses who just won't stop trying to convert me!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    I'll say it again... why isn't this poll a sticky?
    If the topic is a good one, it will stay on the top of the board whether it is a sticky or not.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by kewlmoose View Post
    I vote no. The MOA is a social club bringing together people with an interest / passion for the BMW marque and I don't want the organization to become an entity that ends up in an adversarial relationship with BMW. Bad idea in the long run I believe.

Uh... hello... an adversarial relationship already exists. And, BMW NA started it. I know. i worked with them on a daily basis for a few years. I do believe it is our responsibility to help others although this certainly does not seem to be the popular thing to do in this club I'm sad to say. Most are too concerned with their own happiness and your 2nd sentence confirms that. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Not only should a dealer be profitable a dealer should do what is right by the customer. A customer has the right to receive quality product when paying premium prices. A dealer should go to bat for the customer when the need arises. A dealer that is afraid of an adversarial relationship with BMW is far more likely to short change the customer.
    I think you missed his point. He doesn't want there to be an adversarial relationship between MOA and BMW. He isn't commenting about the relationship between BMW, dealers and customers.

You are painting with too broad a brush. Not wanting the MOA to play the role of advocate doesn't mean that people don't think it is their responsibility to help others and/or that they only care about their own happiness.

I, for one, have volunteered hundreds of days helping in disaster recovery in different parts of the country, 5 years in a row to Mississippi after Katrina, last year to N. Alabama. I served two years as a MOA Key Volunteer, not for my own happiness, but to try to improve the organization.

The question is only about the role of the MOA, not members ethical responsibilities or actions.
    Ride Well

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    The OP should focus on the problem and hire a lawyer. These threads and polls are pointless and annoying.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Amazing how 1 inept person who couldn't handle his own problem is starting threads over and over and actually getting a couple of guys to back him up.
    A waste of time and I'm shocked that the mods don't delete this useless crap.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I vote we let this topic die. How many identical threads have you started now? Honestly, the flavor is akin to those annoying jehovah's witnesses who just won't stop trying to convert me!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    I never said anything about dealers, their relationship with their customers, profits or my personal happiness. Please troll someone else.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."