• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Please vote if you think the MOA should have a more proactive stance with BMW NA

Should the MOA have a proactive roll in presenting its members concerns to BMW NA?

• I would LIKE the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I would NOT like the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects

Votes: 87 60.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

espressoforyou

According to Greg Feeler the best way to see if there is any interest in the MOA having a more proactive stance for its member in presenting cases about possible defects and other recurring problems with their bike, is by voting. So let vote to see if there is any interest at this time concerning this matter.

On another thread you advocate raising dues so that additional MOA staff members could be hired solely to track failure rates and 'get BMW to pay for repairs' - is that what you mean by "proactive stance" and "advocate for its members"?

Last edited:
Great question Ted, glad you brought it up. Funding is NOT part of this poll.

This poll is just asking the general question whether the membership would be interested in having the MOA being an advocate for the members in dealing with difficult issues that we face time to time, such as possible defects with our bikes and other issues that we are concerned about.

The poll is NOT asking if we would like to raise dues to pay for the position. Just if the membership would like the MOA to have a stronger voice when dealing with BMW NA.

If the membership decides that they would like to have an advocate on their behalf then the MOA board will come up with a plan to either use volunteers or come up with a way to fund the position.

Thanks for asking the question, my bad for not making it clear.

I, for one would happily pay $50.00 a year for legal representation by BMWMOA to pursue potential problems inherent with my RT. If enough of us feel this way and donate we could hire full time legal advocate(s) to represent us with BMW NA and NHTSA as well.

I joined 11 years ago to meet and interact with like minded and fellow riders of the same Marque that I enjoyed. I did not intend then or do I now expect this group to be an advocacy arm for my problems with Corporation I have decided to buy from. I have other options to seek legal and personal gains from the BMW dealers and company. I might post my disdain for a corporate decision that is not in my favor, but I hope this forum or organization would not turn into my personal platform to vent a never ending deluge of spite and rallying to gain support for a platform that is not a part of the group charter. I feel for your pain in dealing with BMWNA and BMW but a lawyer or civil suite is your foil, not a group of folks that just want to ride and enjoy each others company.

I joined 11 years ago to meet and interact with like minded and fellow riders of the same Marque that I enjoyed. I did not intend then or do I now expect this group to be an advocacy arm for my problems with Corporation I have decided to buy from. I have other options to seek legal and personal gains from the BMW dealers and company. I might post my disdain for a corporate decision that is not in my favor, but I hope this forum or organization would not turn into my personal platform to vent a never ending deluge of spite and rallying to gain support for a platform that is not a part of the group charter. I feel for your pain in dealing with BMWNA and BMW but a lawyer or civil suite is your foil, not a group of folks that just want to ride and enjoy each others company.

+1

+2

+3

Good point Marty. I might look into seeing what a lemon lawyer would charge.

I, for one would happily pay $50.00 a year for legal representation by BMWMOA to pursue potential problems inherent with my RT. If enough of us feel this way and donate we could hire full time legal advocate(s) to represent us with BMW NA and NHTSA as well.

I know that this is going to raise all kinds of negative comments, but this might, and I mean might be an option we want to consider. First off let me say that I do not like 98% of lawyers and my wife even works for a law firm. But, lawyers get corporations attention in a big and quick way. I have been in contact with LemonLaw.com and I might ask them what they could offer the MOA. Since the MOA accepts advertising to help fund the foundation maybe we could get a law firm that specializes in lemons to barter out advertising for legal representation. I would prefer to have our on in house advocate but bartering advertising for a legal advocate might be an inexpensive way to get a strong arm in dealing with BMW NA.

Don't yell at me, I am just throwing this option out for consideration.

Tennessee Lemon Law 55-24-207. Statute of limitations.

Any action brought under this part shall be commenced within six (6) months following:
1. Expiration of the express warranty term; or
2. One (1) year following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer, whichever is the later date.

I am kind of curious.... what authority do you have to contact anyone to see what they can offer MOA ?

I vote no. The MOA is a social club bringing together people with an interest / passion for the BMW marque and I don't want the organization to become an entity that ends up in an adversarial relationship with BMW. Bad idea in the long run I believe.

I'm in as a plus 1....and I'm

.....#6...in agreement with the HexST position; ride & rally and enjoy!

"travel'n" john

And people that may have a problem affording an attorney are to do what?

There is nothing wrong with helping fellow riders as the need arises. It's actually the humane thing to do.

I know that this is going to raise all kinds of negative comments, but this might, and I mean might be an option we want to consider. First off let me say that I do not like 98% of lawyers and my wife even works for a law firm. But, lawyers get corporations attention in a big and quick way. I have been in contact with LemonLaw.com and I might ask them what they could offer the MOA. Since the MOA accepts advertising to help fund the foundation maybe we could get a law firm that specializes in lemons to barter out advertising for legal representation. I would prefer to have our on in house advocate but bartering advertising for a legal advocate might be an inexpensive way to get a strong arm in dealing with BMW NA.

Don't yell at me, I am just throwing this option out for consideration.

IMO attorneys should be used when all else fails. There is no excuse to not go about this in an adult-like manner and try to reason first. If that fails then you go attorney.

+7

I vote no. The MOA is a social club bringing together people with an interest / passion for the BMW marque and I don't want the organization to become an entity that ends up in an adversarial relationship with BMW. Bad idea in the long run I believe.

Uh... hello... an adversarial relationship already exists. And, BMW NA started it. I know. i worked with them on a daily basis for a few years. I do believe it is our responsibility to help others although this certainly does not seem to be the popular thing to do in this club I'm sad to say. Most are too concerned with their own happiness and your 2nd sentence confirms that. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Not only should a dealer be profitable a dealer should do what is right by the customer. A customer has the right to receive quality product when paying premium prices. A dealer should go to bat for the customer when the need arises. A dealer that is afraid of an adversarial relationship with BMW is far more likely to short change the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back