• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Eight Minute Ride Report - Bear Creek Canyon

sfarson

If you have broadband, a video of a lunch ride journey up Bear Creek Canyon, Colorado from Morrison to Evergreen.

Bear Creek Canyon Lunch Ride - Streaming Video

Two images from the ride...
bcc2.jpg

bcc5.jpg

Thanks for posting that. It was one of my favorite rides when I lived in Denver. That and Buffulo Creek to Woodland Park.
As I was watchng it, I realized I've ridden every one of my bikes save my F650 on that road. One of my first trips up, on my R60/5 one beautiful Sunday morning before I had a call at Red Rock Ampitheater, I came a hare's breath away from scraping my helmet on the rock outcropping on the second or third right-hander.
Memories. Thanks, this one's gonna be a keeper. And if I can figure out how to do it, my screensaver. :clap

Thanks for posting that. It was one of my favorite rides when I lived in Denver. That and Buffulo Creek to Woodland Park.

Ahh yes, I'm about ten minutes from the Buffalo Creek, Deckers, Woodland Park Rd. Probably my favorite local road, if not Colorado road.

And it is nice to see a road one had been down before eh? Bear Creek Canyon is a favorite of many cruising riders, with Morrison and its taverns nearby. The curves, some slightly decreasing radius, and close rock walls, have caught more than a few unprepared (or under the influence)... thus the motorcycle warning sign.

Blue Knight said:
When you came upon the United delivery van, I figured you'd be stuck behind it for a while. Boy, was I wrong...!

Great video. ( As usual)

Mike

Mike... if I was going to be behind the rolling road block awhile, I'd probably edit that out of the vid :heh! No George Winston accompaniment this time. BTW, really enjoyed your recent ride report, and meeting Guy LaFleur (sp?). Cool.

Back