• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SEATTLE area BIKE Parking NEEDED ahead of Salem MOA Rally

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
Riding a R1200RT from Cincinnati to meet my wife's flight to SEA on Saturday, July 6th. We and one other friend will be on auto tour till Sunday a week, July 14th before their flight back to home/work. I get to ride & rally; and a 6K service at South Sound BMW. Hoping for the secure bike parking
with good access to/from the terminal for car rental at Sea-Tac. I have not consulted the MOA "annom" book yet...thought of tossing it out here 1st.
Thinking I would be meeting you about 9am Saturday 6th & returning about 11am Sunday 14th for pick-up. Hoping to use public transit to/from
the airport/car rental site. If someone's not available, a question.... would it be prudent to park it AT the airport (inside covered/garage.. even the short term area closest terminal) with the bike of course locked & covered for the week? Thanks for any ideas/thoughts on this.

"travel'n" John

Your bike would be pretty safe in the parking garage @ SeaTac...especially if you had it locked up and covered...but I would recommend Master Park.
I think it's a lil' safer choice.
I think it would be about $90/week and you could walk about 2 blocks to Thrifty Car Rental.
Both of which are right across the street from the airport.

MasterPark or WallyPark (both with available garages) at SeaTac airport are likely best choices rather than the airport garage. Car rental agencies use to be in the bottom level of the airport garage, but they've been relocated off site. Shuttle services for most of this stuff, so that shouldn't be a big problem, car rental location available by short light rail ride.

I'd be happy to store your bike at my place, but unfortunately we're about an hour and a half from SeaTac...

Good luck!

....Thanks for the info & recommendations, I'll look them up this week. Gotta remember the "ragged" duct tape infused cover I guess....:laugh

"travel'n" john

Back