Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steve Matthewson at Suspension Systems Ohlins Rebuild

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    Been watching this one... Makes me wonder if Ohlins actually screens or qualifies their rebuild shops in any way. Not long ago, I sent my front to Noleen J6 Suspension Technologies (Hesperia CA) for a rebuild after it puked its fluid. They didn't bother to check the spring while they had it apart. When I got the shock back, I was not able to set the initial sag, since the spring had lost about a quarter-inch of its length.
    Maybe some good advice here:

There are very few folks who do enough rebuilds to actually become knowledgeable about what they are doing. Save yourself time and trouble. Unless you know with certainty that you are dealing with a knowledgeable rebuilder just deal with Ohlins direct.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    It might be a good idea to get a hold of Ohlins and see what they have to say about this rebuilder. They might even be able to help if he has any relationship with them.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

I'll try and call Ohlins and see what they say. I called the sherriff's office and they only tried to get a hold of him once with no success. I dont think they will try again.