• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Wethead GS Farkles - Post them here!

Emoto

Ok, boys and girls, what are you putting on your new water boxer for accessories, and how do you like them?

So far, I have only put a Wunderlich sidestand enlarger plate on mine. I like being able to use the sidestand even on fairly soft ground, and this helps a lot.

Hey Bob, looks like you made the jump. :clap
Good luck with it. Gary

Thanks, Gary! Yes, I did. (Which accounts for all the rain. :cry )

i-dJNWnLW-L.jpg

She's a beauty!

Thanks. LOTS of fun! But now the farkling begins! Since other "Sporkhead"[1] owners are bound to be in the same boat, I am hoping that we can share info about what accessories are available, which ones we like and dislike and how they work, etc.

[1] Looking down from above, the front fender just shouts SPORK to me. :rofl

[1] Looking down from above, the front fender just shouts SPORK to me. :rofl

BUTT... the front fender is not a head! :p

I put a u-bolt style Ram ball on mine for my Garmin Montana GPS mount. I plug it into the power accessory socket on the dash.

Gonna get a set of Jesse boxes put on next week at the RA rally. :thumb

BUTT... the front fender is not a head! :p

I put a u-bolt style Ram ball on mine for my Garmin Montana GPS mount. I plug it into the power accessory socket on the dash.

Gonna get a set of Jesse boxes put on next week at the RA rally. :thumb

Coincidentally, I spoke with Al yesterday when I had a mounting question, and he mentioned they were getting ready to head out to the rally. Which bags you getting, the Safari, or Odyssey?

And yes, I know the fender is not the head, but Sporkhead just has such a lovely ring to it. :clap

Coincidentally, I spoke with Al yesterday when I had a mounting question, and he mentioned they were getting ready to head out to the rally. Which bags you getting, the Safari, or Odyssey?

The Odyssey. The width is important to me. Well not so important that I didn't choose the 10" wide ones.

And yes, I know the fender is not the head, but Sporkhead just has such a lovely ring to it. :clap

How about Sporkface....? :ha

Here it is with the Jesse bags. I think the squared off look of the Odysseys goes will with the angular look of the bike.

i-6hNXF5Z-L.jpg

Engine crash bars from Touratech arrived the other day, so mounting those up will be the next task.

Farkles I have added

So far I have added the following:

Touratech crash bars both upper and lower
Touratech expedition full length skid plate
Rear brake fluid resovoir protector
Touratech wide foot pegs
BMW Vario side and top cases
Touratech metal headlight protector
Touratech 15mm handlebar risers
Touratech black radiator guards
Touratech shaft drive breather hose

Up next:
Akropovic slip on exhaust
Heidenau K60 front and rear tires when they become available

So far I have added the following:

Touratech crash bars both upper and lower
Touratech expedition full length skid plate
Rear brake fluid resovoir protector
Touratech wide foot pegs
BMW Vario side and top cases
Touratech metal headlight protector
Touratech 15mm handlebar risers
Touratech black radiator guards
Touratech shaft drive breather hose

Up next:
Akropovic slip on exhaust
Heidenau K60 front and rear tires when they become available

Hope you post some pics when you get a chance! Would love to see that stuff mounted up to the bike.

I've posted this stuff elsewhere, but since Bob wants it all in one place :whistle

Holan panniers
p-131931406-0598.jpg

SW Motech light bar (with Hella Micro DE lights attached). The lights aren't wired yet. Next week.
p-131931439-0602.jpg

Wunderlich handlebar bag.
p-131921722-3485.jpg

Bags

I've posted this stuff elsewhere, but since Bob wants it all in one place :whistle

Holan panniers
p-131931406-0598.jpg

SW Motech light bar (with Hella Micro DE lights attached). The lights aren't wired yet. Next week.
p-131931439-0602.jpg

Wunderlich handlebar bag.
p-131921722-3485.jpg

What made you go with Homan bags vs Touratech Zega Pro bags? Just curious!! I really dont know much about either but just ordered a set of TT bags.

Back