• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

100,000 Ft Ride

ametajyg.jpg

The rest was turn by turn directions. GPS coordinates would've been nicer but a great day.

Few years ago I did my own personalized 100,000 foot ride in Colorado. Easy to do with a paper map (gasp! yes, I still use those darned old things). Simply plotted all the passes that had paved roads (no gravel for me and my street bike), then plotted a reasonable routing that would get enough of those passes to equal 100,000 feet in total elevation. Spent about three days riding around the state and ended up with about 125,000 total feet in elevation, plus lots of great scenery. And in hindsight, the planning and poring over the maps was at least half of the fun.

That's on my list. This year I will be in the Boundary Waters so perhaps next?

Looks like a lot of fun. Colorado is riding heaven.

Woo Hoo, it looks like the stars in aligning and I will be in Colorado then!!!!!

Back