• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RTP in the double 360 and single 360

Looking good there John.... saw some footage on FB as well...

Been long time....since LT Slow School in the Bryson City Ingles Supermarket parking lot... (Ironhorse Lodge STC)

Best to the family....

Dunno about Florida, but in CA, the test is inside a 28-foot square. The "figure 8" is done corner-to-corner.

Impressive. In Wisconsin we have the UBBC; Ultimate Bike Bonding Course. Goofy as it sounds, its a motorcop style training course for us civilian riders. I took part in some training exercises last fall on my 94 RS, and one exercise in particular was tough for me. The "Cross".

Think of the proportions of the Red Cross symbol, laid out on pavement, where each "leg" of the cross is 20' wide and 20' long. The "center" of the cross is 20' x 20'. You ride into the cross and ride around the leg pattern CW or CCW, your choice. But you have to ride into each leg, u-turn, turn into the lext leg, u-turn, until you have done all four legs. Took me about 10 tries before I actually fully completed it, not pretty, but I did it.

Then, one of the instructors (a motorcop) hopped on my bike (he asked), and did the entire course in one pass. Proof it could be done.

The other exercises I did ok on, but the Cross beat me up until I got it. Never dropped it either.

Looking good there John.... saw some footage on FB as well...

Been long time....since LT Slow School in the Bryson City Ingles Supermarket parking lot... (Ironhorse Lodge STC)

Best to the family....

That was a fun trip and I enjoyed myself teaching everyone. You guys did the iron cross,what the other poster is talking about and that school was 10 years ago, way before MSF. :)

Back