• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R90/6 needle clip posiiton.

pszyjka

What is the needle clip position for a '76 R90/6. the Bing manual says #2, but other sources say #1. Thanks.

probably a dumb question

is the top notch no. 1? Best I remember I am on notch no. 2 on my R90/6, but probably need to spring for new needles.

The owner's manual says notch #1, but Bing says #2 in their manual. when I last renewed some carb parts I tested both positions and #2 is the way to go.

Haynes manual.

Not the ultimate source...best to use the Bing settings. Remember, all of the settings recommended...by any source...is just an initial setting. For your setup, altitude, style of riding, etc., you might need to change things.

According to the Bing book, the #1 position is closed to the blunt end...this is the leanest setting for the needle. Remember that the idle circuit is in play from 0-25% throttle, the needle from 15-80% throttle, and the main jet from 60-100% throttle.

Edit: And now to contradict myself, here's a page from a /6 manual...note it says clip postion 1 for the R90/6:

http://www.pbase.com/dwerbil/image/74356139

As I said, pick something and see how the bike peforms. The clip position is a relative big change to fuel flow. Jet sizes, etc., would be small changes.

Back