• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is this a veiled threat from BMW? You decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

espressoforyou

The following is a post from the BMW Motorrad facebook page.

BMW Motorrad: Hi Randy Holdford, thanks for your opinion on the situation. We have provided what we feel is a reasonable solution and you have declined to accept it. We ask you to refrain from encouraging other fans to email members of the BMW staff because it may limit the response time for your fellow Motorrad community members who may have a problem or concern that needs solving. You are free to post on the main BMW Motorrad page however in future, if you continue to promote your situation on other BMW Motorrad users posts, we will have to delete them.

Update: They offered $1,241.17 buyback for a 2005 r1200gs.

This is the rest of the post:

What's your email... I'll CC you in my email.
22 hours ago ? Like

Randy Holdford Rlholdford@yahoo.com

Thanks and try and get as many people as your can to send emails. Also send an email yourself everyday for a couple of weeks. Thanks
22 hours ago via mobile ? Like

Randy Holdford Great post Jamey, thanks.
18 hours ago ? Like

Daniel Voigt Crap,thats an outright insult. A warning to all potential BMW purchasers.........
13 hours ago ? Like

Robert Dixon I have been shopping for an adventure bike recently but after hearing about all of your mechanical issues and loss of use with your GS I think you can tell BMW for me that I'll put my trust in another brand. So sorry Randy I hope this helps.
12 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1

Randy Holdford Thanks Robert, hope you are doing well
12 hours ago ? Like ? 1

Jim Lagnese I hope this works out for everyone involved, but considering what they originally offered off a new bike and then this, I can guess what their next reply will be, but I will keep my own counsel on this.
12 hours ago ? Like

BMW Motorrad Hi Randy Holdford, thanks for your opinion on the situation. We have provided what we feel is a reasonable solution and you have declined to accept it. We ask you to refrain from encouraging other fans to email members of the BMW staff because it may limit the response time for your fellow Motorrad community members who may have a problem or concern that needs solving. You are free to post on the main BMW Motorrad page however in future, if you continue to promote your situation on other BMW Motorrad users posts, we will have to delete them.

All the best
Your BMW Motorrad Facebook Team
3 hours ago ? Unlike ? 1

Robert Dixon Wow BMW. Your arrogance is amazing which if I were Randy would cure me of ever spending 20K on another one of your machines.
3 hours ago via mobile ? Unlike ? 1

Jim Lagnese It cured me. I wrote a respectful note to them as a first time BMW owner. I guess they don't care. This company also hails from the country of Goebbels, Hitler and the Holocaust. It's no wonder. Denial is in their blood. This doesn't surprise me though as they offered Randy 2500 off a new bike then this low ball buy back. I knew it would only get worse. What I find interesting is threat for those that supported him. What does that if I email members it may limit the response time if I have problems? These people are unreal. This would never happen with another brand.
3 hours ago ? Unlike ? 1

Randy Holdford BMW facebook team I thank you for your quick response. All this tells me is that social media gets BMW's attention so I will keep that in mind as I continue my campaign. I will copy and paste your "understanding reply" to all my future social media campaigns. Please let me know it I can do anything for you.
2 hours ago ? Like ? 1

James Carraway Why would BMW buy back a bike your bike

Jim Lagnese Because it was defective by their own admission
2 hours ago ? Like

Randy Holdford I have a feeling that BMW's loving and caring response from their facebook team is about to go viral. You would think that someone on the facebook team would get in trouble for sending something like this out, but with BMW's attitude they might get a promotion instead. I will be copying and sending their response to the BMW board members and top executives. Maybe I can help get them promoted.
about an hour ago ? Like ? 1

Jim Lagnese Well, the MOA tried to censor me in showing the response BMW made here. At best the MOA are control freaks, at worst they are complicit.

Seems reasonable and factual to me.

There is a limit to your "entitlement" when you buy a product.

Thanks Kent for your reply

I agree with you that there is a limit to your "entitlement" when you buy a product. But my bike was defective from the factory, had to be repaired for the same problem several times under the factory warranty and now repaired 6 more time under the parts and labor warranty. All I want is for them to fix my bike where the seals do not go bad after 3,000 miles. They said that it is "unrepairable and the only solution is a new engine" fine by me put a new engine in it and I will be happy.

Fix it, replace the engine or buy it back, and I will be happy.

BMW put off admitting that I have a defective and unrepairable bike until I have 44,000 miles on it and the buyback is reduced. Not a good way to conduct business.

espressoforyou; BMW put off admitting that I have a defective and unrepairable bike until I have 44 said:
Can't believe you did 44k without putting your foot down. Most people I know would have settled this after the 2nd try. Time to fight ended a long time ago.

Seems reasonable and factual to me.

There is a limit to your "entitlement" when you buy a product.

Given the level of repair work performed a number of times and the fact that BMW has advised him the engine needs to be replaced I do think his entitlement is worth "retail" (used vehicle) value. Remember, he is more or less being forced to do something in this scenario due to the on-going repairs.

Can't believe you did 44k without putting your foot down. Most people I know would have settled this after the 2nd try. Time to fight ended a long time ago.

Easy to say and possibly quite true. Still think his point is valid however.

Randy, why on earth did you wait so long?

Good point Marty, My advice is to call a lawyer right away.

I guess being a business my myself I thought that reasonable people could work this out. I guess I was wrong.

So my advice to anyone with a bike still under factory warranty that has repeated issues is to call a lemon lawyer right a way.

Companies only get concerned if a lawyer is involved.

Billy, I did not wait.

I have been asking them to fix or replace my bike for six years. It took 3 years to get inside the BMW corporate headquarters.

This is the contact information that every member needs to know about. It took me 3 years to get past the 1-800.... customer service polite but powerless employees. The only way I got through to BMW Corporate was by posting on the Motorrad facebook page. I got a call the very next day after I posted.

This information will save a lot of time and gets inside the New Jersey BMW headquarters. Anthony is a very nice guy with a difficult job. I don't agree with his decisions but he is still a very professional guy to deal with.

Pass this information on to other members with problems and save it if you need it later on.

This is the contact information you need to reach BMW Motorrad NA;

Anthony Cavanaugh is TEAM Leader in charge of pre-litigation and vehicle buy-back. His email is Anthony.cavanaugh@bmwna.com His direct line is 201-263-8215

CEO Ludwig Willisch at ludwig.willisch@bmwna.com
Vice President Hans Blesse at Hans.Blesse@bmwna.com
When in doubt contact a lemon lawyer, that gets BMW?s attention.
Let me know if I can be of any additional help.
Randy Holdford 901-409-7409

It does sound negative. Whether they are suggesting anyone writing on the OP's behalf is going to be blacklisted toward future warranty needs or that due to all the time being focused on this event the others will see less than prompt attention due to time being diverted elsewhere. Either way it's not encouraging for those of us thinking about a new BMW.

LBD, you are right it might not be a threat, but "says go away, you are bothering us"

What is the old saying "a squeaky wheel gets the oil".

They are in a nice way saying go away and don't bother us anymore and making it sound like my postings are delaying others from getting their undivided attention.

Corporations and people will stand stubbornly by their decisions until given enough reason to change them. I am trying to politely give BMW the opportunity to change their decision, thanks to the help of fellow forum members emailing the executives and by posting on social media.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for you positive post.

You have been pissing and moaning about this for six years and trying to get other people to fight your battles.

Take some responsibility and sue them.

Best advice so far

You have been pissing and moaning about this for six years and trying to get other people to fight your battles.

Take some responsibility and sue them.

I would have had an attorney on this within a month or sooner. You are fast approaching 7 years. If they can hold you off a little longer, you are screwed.

I had a problem with GM when the Chevrolet Citation X-11 came out. Rear brake bias problem would lock up the rears and the car would switch ends. Service manager said I could go to Po Boys speed Shop and get a brake proportioning switch and the problem would be fixed. He explained that they all did that and GM would not let him do the repairs under warranty or otherwise.

I called them. They gave me the run around. I got my attorney on the problem. A week later I had a voucher for full retail that I could use to buy any GM product. I bought a Pontiac and it served me well.

Your pissing and moaning and posting on various websites is only getting you frustration.

SUE THE BASTARDS.

Since this is yet ANOTHER thread on the same subject - it is being CLOSED. I refer everyone to the single thread that will remain open on this subject: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?68916

It is not considered acceptable behavior to flood the forum with multiple threads on the same subject in the hope of getting some response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back