• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Remembering Bruno Haus

JIMSHAW

Ambassador at Large
I am saddened today to learn of the passing of an old motorcycle riding friend, Bruno Haus, of Wiarton, Ontario Canada. Bruno (yes, a lady) was the enthusiastic and spirited half of a couple I have known for a couple of decades, Helmut and Bruno. Bruno and her husband are German immigrants to Canada, and have lived in the Owen Sound area for many, many years. They were fundamental to many BMW motorcycle getogethers over the years. Bruno was always working hard to make people welcome and comfortable at their farm, not far from the shore of the Sound. In retirement, they had moved into the city of Wiarton.

I can explain why Bruno made so many friends; she was just the kind of person whom you like when you first meet her, and it just grows over time. The cause of Bruno's demise is not known to me, but I know she has been unwell for many years.

Rest in peace, my dear Bruno. Do you know how many loyal friends you have made over the years? How many of us will miss your mezzo-contralto laugh, your humor, and your genuine good friendship? Rest in peace. A bit of my heart goes with you.

Last edited:
Bruno was a revered member of the Broccoli Riders. She and Helmet hosted many mini rallies (summer & winter) at their farm. It was about the time that I got back into riding that they moved from their farm into Wiarton. Over the years, members of our Forest City Motorrad Club (a splinter group of the Broccoli's) have told me of the good times that they had with Bruno and Helmut at the farm. Riders were always welcomed to drop in and camp. It was noted that they were absent this year from our ABC Rally. She will be missed.

Passing of Bruno Haus

Many folks have inquired about funeral arrangements, etc., for Bruno Haus. Helmut has had so many calls that he finally had to turn off his phone.

There are no plans for funeral arrangements at this time. Bruno is to be cremated. A number of Helmut and Bruno's friends are said to be planning a memorial gathering in her memory later this summer. This effort is still too uncertain to be announced, now.

In the meantime, I might suggest that those of us who knew Bruno make a quiet contemplation of our personal memories of this much loved lady.

Jim Shaw

Much loved Qween

Jim, you said it so well. I remember the early " camp outs " at Big Bay, before they became a rally and before Helmut( the Kaiser) and Bruno ( the Broccoli Qween) started the Rolling Broccoli Riders - the club without formalities, and with a love of good riding, fun and friends." Broccoli, broccoli, and the Rolling Broccoli riders we shall be...". Helmut was made an MOA Ambassador, and Bruno was always the heart of the club. Her cooking filled many of us over many years with fabulous tastes... this time of year there would be fresh picked wild leeks infusing the soups, the omelets, the stews, the salads. As an artist she was always creating: sculptures, clothes, painting, photography, objets d'art... and most of all, a home for her family and more.... for many a home away from home during tours, rallies, rides...Bruno's laughter filled every space she was in, and her hugs filled us with her caring. Bruno's memories will continue to fill many a campfire. Much love to Helmut and their family. - S&S

Beautiful tributes to a beautiful lady.

The world is sadder with her absence.

Voni

Back