• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

good roads to rally from Northern PA

V

Voyle

we will be travling across 6 in PA, stopping at the Wellsboro Diner (of course) and cutting down on Rt. 62.
From there, it is unfamiliar territory and all the lines on the map look the same.
Without doing interstates (except to maybe get through an urban area) I am looking at 30 west and then 309 west. They are pretty much straigh lines- but it is hard to tell what kind of towns I will be going through. ANyone have any suggestions for an alternate route?

You can stay on US 62 to Millersburg, OH, and then take OH 39 to OH 95 to Marion, OH. Then you can pick up OH 309.

62 from Millersburg to Danville is good, too.

US 30 has a lot of trucks, and is boring.

Suggested Route from Northern PA

I ran this last year out and back to Maine and thought it was great.
In PA, Route 6 to Rt. 666 to Rt. 62 (Tionesta), then in Sandy Lake, PA stay west on Rt. 358 to OH. Rt. 358 turns into Rt. 88 in Ohio and follow 88 into Ravenna. In Ravenna pick up Rt. 44 S to Rt. 30 (in East Canton). Rt 62 through Canton has alot of traffic and lights.
Rt 30 west to Mansfield, then split onto 309 in Mansfield. Rt. 30 beyond Mansfield west has alot of truck traffic. 309 will take you all the way to the Allen County Fairgrounds.
If you want a scenic and fun detour to 309 prior to Mansfield, take Rt. 95 (just off Rt 3 south in Wooster west of Canton) then pick up 309 in Marion to Lima.
Enjoy the ride!

Whatever you do, avoid I 80 in Pa like the plague. Road construction with stop and go traffic for miles and miles.

NW Pennsylvania

I grew up in the little town where 6 and 62 meet. For scenery, You may want to consider hitting Rt 59 in Smethport (east of Warren) and taking that past the Kinzua (kin-zoo) dam on into Warren, where you'll hit rt. 62. You'll take 62 down through the Allegheny National Forest right along the river. it's an amazing ride. Locals call it "the river road". You'll see why when you roll through some of the sweepers that put you right on the bank of the river.

Have fun

RW

ScarGS said:
I ran this last year out and back to Maine and thought it was great.
In PA, Route 6 to Rt. 666 to Rt. 62 (Tionesta), then in Sandy Lake, PA stay west on Rt. 358 to OH. Rt. 358 turns into Rt. 88 in Ohio and follow 88 into Ravenna. In Ravenna pick up Rt. 44 S to Rt. 30 (in East Canton). Rt 62 through Canton has alot of traffic and lights.
Rt 30 west to Mansfield, then split onto 309 in Mansfield. Rt. 30 beyond Mansfield west has alot of truck traffic. 309 will take you all the way to the Allen County Fairgrounds.
If you want a scenic and fun detour to 309 prior to Mansfield, take Rt. 95 (just off Rt 3 south in Wooster west of Canton) then pick up 309 in Marion to Lima.
Enjoy the ride!

I like this route..:p

Thanks for the heads up, we'll give it a try

Try This

When you come down US 62, take a right in Tionesta and get on PA 36N

Take that into Pleasantville, then PA 227 to PA 27....

27 west through Meadville (ah...home)....take US 6 out of Meadville and into Ohio....from there scoot south....11, 44 any of those....I liked 303 that parallel's I-80...from there I'll defer to the locals

JC

Joecubana said:
When you come down US 62, take a right in Tionesta and get on PA 36N

Take that into Pleasantville, then PA 227 to PA 27....

27 west through Meadville (ah...home)....take US 6 out of Meadville and into Ohio....from there scoot south....11, 44 any of those....I liked 303 that parallel's I-80...from there I'll defer to the locals

JC
You should also add,

Pick up some real estate guides during your journey... it's amazing for those of us that live where median prices of homes are over 350K that you can still buy a house for 45k...

45K doesn't even get you a dormer over your first floor here.

NY

Back