• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Owning a R1200RT

J

JT_R1200RT

Is like living an old country song.... My wife left me, my dog hates me, my fuel strip's gone, my final drive is out, my ABS light is on, all my oil seal's are leaking, my seat's too hard, she vibrates too much, lord why does riding have to be so tough...:laugh

It vibrates too much? try an iron head sportster. If that doesn't rattle your teeth, nothing will. As far as the other stuff, YMMV. At least it doesn't say Lucas.

Yeah- What you say kinda reminds me of my old '72 Triumph Bonneville.... It's a MOTORCYCLE.
Although my RT has been virtually trouble free, and a joy to ride, except for the three replacement fuel strips and the hard seat.;)

Vibrates!!?? C'mon, really? It's got a soul it expresses but I doubt it vibrates. If it does then get the TBs balanced.

My modded 76R100RS vibrates like the old 1000cc airheads liked to do, especially after lightening the flywheel.

My 94R1100RS buzzes, a good bit, but doesn't vibrate.

My 07R1200RT (soon to be turned into an RS) expresses its soul when running, but does not vibrate anything like the other two.

Character, they all have character.

Back