• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kickstarter "Vololights"

volo lights - nice!

I saw these and thought they were interesting. Then I started riding and noticing how often I slow down quickly without using brakes. As an example during start stop traffic in a low gear, or just coming to a corner on dirt - often using the engine to slow me down. I love the idea of the light coming on with an accelerometer to highlight how quickly you are stopping. Makes so much sense. Have you ordered one? I've backed a bunch of kickstarter projects - some are great, some so-so but no major failures yet.

I just ordered one light kit to try it - couldn't use the module which connects directly to brake lights due to BMW system.

John

Went for it.

Well I went ahead and backed the project for a frame. I't doesn't look like they should have any problem meeting their fundraising goal!
I also thought about how useful it would be.

Vololights

Can you offer any feedback on the Vololights? I just ran across them on the inter-web, and like you, see the utility in them.

Thanks in advance.

DEC

You might want to take a look at THIS THREAD to see an installation I did of these lights on my 2011 RT.

I recently moved the device over to my 2018 RT. I'm very happy with the light.

Can you offer any feedback on the Vololights? I just ran across them on the inter-web, and like you, see the utility in them.

Thanks in advance.

DEC

I have had the volo lights for 2 years. They work great. If you do group rides, they are especially valuable because they warn the guy behind you of your deceleration even when you are not braking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back