• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GIVI top case adapter for '04 R1150RS

MOONDOG59

I have a GIVI E470 Monolock top case mounted on my K1100RS now. I want to transfer it over to my 2004 R1150RS but the GIVI site doesn't list an adapter for my purpose. Anyone run into this before?

Does your RS have the usual smaller tail rack? I initially mounted the Givi base plate on top of the tail rack using plastic pipe couplings as spacers. Later I made my own base plate out of aluminum and bolted it in plce of the stock tail rack. To that a Givi E52 trunks works well. Give does sell the latch block and base buttons as separate parts.
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/4324/givibase.jpg

Their site doesn't show it, so maybe it's out of production, but at least they used to - I had one on my 04 1150RS. Sat up pretty high, tho, using their supplied adapter & hardware... Andy's replacement sounds better. They do have a "Contact Us" link on their site, ask 'em directly.

I did e-mail them today (not noticing that I was on the UK site:) and they replied they do not make an adapter for it. She said the E470 was designed with smaller bikes and scooters in mind...Ah, hello...you only make one more bigger, the 55 liter. Oh well, I'll see if I can jury rig something safe.

Are we talking about a Monolock case or a Monokey case? They use different mounts. I have a E191 Monokey rack that you could put a Z113C MONOLOCK UNIVERSAL FIT KIT on and it should work. It has a broken weld on it but could easily be fixed if you know a welder. I retired recently or I would have gotten it fixed where I use to work.

If you look at the link below you will see in image B the flat metal mounting surface created by the E191 kit. You could put your Monolock adapter plate on that. I know it shows it is for a R1150RT but isn't the R1150RS tail section the exact same?

viewer

Are we talking about a Monolock case or a Monokey case? They use different mounts. I have a E191 Monokey rack that you could put a Z113C MONOLOCK UNIVERSAL FIT KIT on and it should work. It has a broken weld on it but could easily be fixed if you know a welder. I retired recently or I would have gotten it fixed where I use to work.

I just installed the Givi E183 and a Givi V46 Monokey on my R11RS. Given how this installed, I would think that, with a little extra hardware, you could get the Z113C MONOLOCK UNIVERSAL FIT KIT and make it work on your 2004. We have a E340 Monolock on my wife's 125 Vino, and I was thinking of just rigging up a monolock mount on my RS so I can use the E340 in both places. I decided to go bigger, of course, and the E183 coupled with the V46 is going to work very well.

When I bought my 04RT a Givi rack was not listed for the 04 so I bought the E183 listed for an earlier model. When the E183 broke about a month ago I looked and saw that now they show I should of had a E191 rack. I ordered the E191 rack. The only difference is the length of the spacer tubes and bolts under the rack. The E183 has spacers 15mm longer with longer bolts then the E191. The other hardware was identical. So I believe that the E183 or the E191 kit along with the Monolock Universal Adapter Plate will work on the 04RS.

One would think with the amount of R-bikes out there it would be a no-brainer to have a kit for most bikes. Good info all. A good starting point. I ordered the Kisan SignalMinder yesterday so let the farkelization begin! :D

Back