• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going to Cedar Point

Kev95gs

goob
Hi All,
We're heading up to ride the roller coasters at Cedar Point on Wed before the rally. Figure to get some good twisties and hills there!

Any of you Buckeye's got any suggestions as to a preferred route?

We're coming from middle TN and will come through Cinci but not sure if I should go 71 through Columbus or up 75 through Dayton. :dunno

Any help is appreciated and we'll see you all at the beer tent on Thurs! :drink

To Cedar Point

The quickest route is to take I-71 all the way through Columbus to Mansfield, then pick up Rt. 13 north. 13 will take you nearly all the way, but turn on Rt. 250 in Milan straight into Sandusky. The way is clearly marked from Norwalk on to Sandusky. Watch side road traffic on 13, the corn will be tall by then.
Enjoy the trip. :thumb

Cedar Point

If you have never been there, you are in for a real treat!
Finest amusement park in the world with the best Roller coasters anywhere.

Cedar Point - The Roller Coaster Capital of the World.
www.cedarpoint.com/

Rt 105 isnt bad to head to Lima from Cedar Point.Its a nice twisty(for these parts) road that takes you along the river thru some small towns.Just watch your speed in places like Woodville and Pemberville.You come out in Bowling Green and drop onto 75 for a short ride to Lima.

I drove through Columbus on the 71, north to Cleveland. It did get crowded, (and this is coming from a Californian), but mainly it was a rough road in places.

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. I also got your pm Ol Salt, thanks!

I just wasn't sure which route would be less prone to traffic and/or construction.

The wife and I have been talking about riding those Roller Coasters for several years and just haven't had a chance to get there, and the kids are still too young to enjoy them, so this worked out well. :clap

I see the deer seem to be a real issue up there. They're pretty bad around here as well, especially in my garden! I'll bring the shotgun, bag one and strap it on the back of the GS for a backrest for Peg. :D

Thanks! See you all in Lima, I can't wait!
Kevin

Kev95GS said:
Thanks for the info guys. ...I see the deer seem to be a real issue up there. They're pretty bad around here as well, especially in my garden! I'll bring the shotgun, bag one and strap it on the back of the GS for a backrest for Peg. :D

Thanks! See you all in Lima, I can't wait!
Kevin

I'll put you down for supplier of the B-B-Q. :thumb :D

I am thinking of Cedar point after the rally, doing the covered bridges in Ashtabula, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland too.

MikeC said:
Rt 105 isnt bad to head to Lima from Cedar Point.Its a nice twisty(for these parts) road that takes you along the river thru some small towns.Just watch your speed in places like Woodville and Pemberville.You come out in Bowling Green and drop onto 75 for a short ride to Lima.

I second that. I take 105 on a daily basis, it's part of my commute.

FWIW, if you get lucky, you may catch a glimpse of bald eagles. There's a nest at the intersection of US-23 and OH-105, the SW corner. Invisible now with the vegetation out, but it's there. I don't see bald eagles every day of the week, but I do see them several times per month, every month of the year. Sandusky and Ottawa counties (you'll go through them on way to BG from Cedar Point) have some of the biggest bald eagle populations in Ohio.

Back