• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding from Boston to Charleston SC

Zenrider

dperault
At the end of the month, my wife and I are planning a ride from Melrose, Ma to Charleston SC. Looking for suggested routes, non-slab. I'm thinking at some point I would like to end up on Rt 17 & 12.

Welcome to the forum Don. Since this is something we generally post up in the Ride Report area- I'll move it over for you. You could also try the Yankee Beemers site- http://kenspring.com/ybforum/forum.php (this is the temp location) for some of the members that may have made the trip.
Ride Safe. Gary

At the end of the month, my wife and I are planning a ride from Melrose, Ma to Charleston SC. Looking for suggested routes, non-slab. I'm thinking at some point I would like to end up on Rt 17 & 12.

Don,

I would suggest avoiding the major metropolitan areas. For example, I don't mind doing some extra miles to avoid Washington, D.C. and it's traffic jams. In general, instead of a more direct route, you could head west and then south to avoid the big cities. Starting out, Mass 2 is a nice road with some nice twisties in the Berkshires. I'd also avoid the Hampton/Norfolk VA area which has some bad traffic. I rode the Delmarva one time which had a lot of traffic-light stops and wasn't much fun in hot weather. Traffic was also heavy on a Friday.

Harry

Back