• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

do I buy a fuel pressure regulator 1990 K1

E.L. Buff

Replaced everything in fuel system been setting for years with gas in tank
i forgot to order a fuel pressure regulator , now i have all the parts do i
reuse the old regulator or wait and get new one , do they have parts inside
that will go bad with gas setting in them . I think i know the answer but need to be sure
thanks ernie

Just remember that there is a lot of stuff to remove if you have to replace the fuel pressure regulator later. If you already have everything apart, it may be more expedient to replace it at this time. My K100's needed replacing at 89,000 miles.

At $151, I'd say no. Once you get the fuel hoses hooked up, but BEFORE you put the body work back in place, do a fuel pressure test. If it's good, I would not waste the money.

:dance:dance:dance

Got it all hooked up new fuel lines and vacuum lines some gas in the tank as soon as the pump started hit the starter button again
and it started right up first time it has been run since 1997 the test gauge read 38 psi it runs good so far so good .
the ABS break bleeding is another story I think I have it will soon know bleed it with a hand vacuum pump.
Ernie

Back