• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005 R1200ST Laminar Lip

jwtayl01

Hello,
Looking to reduce wind noise and effects. I currently have a stock windscreen and bar risers (I know contradiction here). Even on the highest setting with the stock screen there is still lots of noise. I am not that tall, 5'8". Has anyone put a laminar lip on this bike?

I would also be interested in some other windscreen replacements if anyone has one sitting around they would like to unload for cheap.

Thanks, Jesse

No, but on GSA with smiles;

Had the LL on my GSA for 5 years with great success. Good luck on yours. Laminar Lip folks they say they have about 200 adaptions to shields! Randy

No, but on GSA with smiles;

Had the LL on my GSA for 5 years with great success. Good luck on yours. Laminar Lip folks they say they have about 200 adaptions to shields! Randy

Jesse:

I've had two RS's and currently own an ST. They were all noisy, and I think with the Boxer sport tourers, the noise may just go with the territory.:dunno I'm not sure there's much that can be done, except to get a taller windshield, and then you have the aesthetic issue.

I just got a Neotec helmet for Christmas, and we'll see if that helps, once I figure out how to get the Pinlock out.:D

I have 2005 r1200st with high handle bar, the wind screen is CeeBailey + a small screen, pictured hereuploadfromtaptalk1370110997772.jpg
This is the best solution for me.
I had stock screen with laminar lip and it was still too noisey.
-Vinh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nice colours :thumb

Moscow%20trip%201%20025-L.jpg

I recently purchased a Parabellum (their largest screen) for my ST. It helped reduce noise but I still had some buffeting.
I liked it a lot better than the Cee Baileys but I'm still searching for that 'perfect' solution. I know it probably doesn't exist but i'm bound and determined to
make this great bike as comfortable as I can for longer rides.

Back