• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mick-O-Pegs anyone? 2002 K1200LT

Old Rookie

They're a bit pricy but when a 100 mile trip cramps your hips, knees and leg muscles, I either sell out or buy pegs. :banghead It seems the MOP's would get me stretched out and if needs be, I can throw these stubbies across the crash bars and I'll have a 3 position seat! If anyone has experience with them on their LT it would be great to hear from you! I might add that I REALLY like my '02 LT :dance Thanks for replies!:wave

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Old Rookie,

I'm adding the year/model of your LT to the thread title, in the hope that someone might open the thread who has some experience with the product you're asking about. The better your question is - usually the better the answers will be. Please read the stickies about posting in the forum, especially the one about putting year/model in the thread title.

Best regards,

I have a set of Mick-o-Pegs on my '99 LT and I like them. They take some getting used to because they stretch your legs downward instead of more forward like traditional highway pegs. Additionally, they are easy to deploy while riding.

Only negative comment I have ever read about on the MOP is that they can damage the lower skirt on the bike when it tips over. They punch holes in the plastic but rarely if ever do any damage to hard parts.

I installed Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit on my 02 and that made all the difference for me. The lowering kit will drag sooner in corners

Thanks alot guys, there have been times I had a alot of pain getting the legs up onto the crash bars so J pegs might be a difficult after the pain has set in. The MOP interest me because I can extend my legs downward! Thus keeping the weight lower. I will look for the suburban machinery kit and if all they do is lower the peg, it may be tough to reach the shifter. However combine a set of MOPs with the peg lowering kit and I might have a winning combo. Thanks to everyone with their replies:clap

Thus keeping the weight lower. I will look for the suburban machinery kit and if all they do is lower the peg, it may be tough to reach the shifter. :clap

Yes the lowering kit does make the shifter and rear brake a little more challenging to use until you adjust them. On the shifter there is a link between the ball joints that a turn or two made all the difference for me. On the brake there is also an adjustment but I never tried adjusting it.

Back