• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good Service

bob_m

On startup, after sitting for a while, my 82 R100RS was issuing forth with a puff of white smoke. I was thinking either rings or valve seals, but don?t have the means or knowhow to diagnose those conditions. It was running good, and oil level is not dropping, but I could not get comfortable with the start-up smoke. Also, I just got the 84 R100 running and it feels a little more peppy than the RS, so I took it to our local ace wrench, Steve Prokop. He reported back that the compression is fine and that I runs good. He continued that parking it on the sidestand can result in oil getting into the combustion chamber and that I should ride it and enjoy, then park it on the center stand if the smoke bothers me. When I asked what I owed him, he said no charge! I know the bike must have spent at least an hour on his lift, and he used up some of my fuel, which also took some time. I guess what I am getting at is that we are lucky in the NW Oregon to have a mechanic who is good and fair.:dance

Last edited:
Back