• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Comments -

beemer01

The performance of this website - for which I pay an annual fee - is not acceptable.

1. The 'remember this computer' function does not work. I've finally resorted to writing down my assigned passwork and taping it to my computer.
2. The requirement to shrink down the pictures for the Flea Market is absurd, and difficult to do.

Are these items being addressed?

Item 1 is a known problem and action has been taken. This feature works for visitors to the forum, but not so well for visits to the Flea Market or MOA homepage. I was under the impression that it might have been fixed over the weekend, but it still seems not to work. That said, I visited the FM this morning, logged in, and see that the FM still remembers me 3-4 hours later. But the problem is being resolved.

Item 2 is a new one for me. There are other issues with the Flea Market having to do with sorting, etc., but not being a frequent user of the FM, I was not aware of that problem.

The Flea Market is somewhat separate from the forum...has always been that way. Posting pictures in the regular forum does have limits, but there appears to be embedded software which automatically shrinks the uploaded images...to a degree. It does seem reasonable to limit the sizes to avoid huge megapixel images from being uploaded and hogging space. Images greater than 800x600 pixels or up to 200Kb or 500Kb are really all that is needed.

I will make sure the office is aware of your comment on picture size. Hopefully, the login situation will be corrected soon.

Thanks...

"The performance of this website - for which I pay an annual fee - is not acceptable."

I'm curious what part of the annual club membership fee you apportion to any/each of the following:

Owners News?
Annual Rally?
Forum?
Flea Market?
Local Clubs?
Main Web Site?
Local events like tech days?
Dealership discounts for members?
Other member benefits?

Each of these things have different values to different members: some love the magazine, some don't read; some love the forum, some can't type; some like the big rally, some get out of their comfort zone one state away from home.

"The performance of this website - for which I pay an annual fee - is not acceptable."

I'm curious what part of the annual club membership fee you apportion to any/each of the following:

Owners News?
Annual Rally?
Forum?
Flea Market?
Local Clubs?
Main Web Site?
Local events like tech days?
Dealership discounts for members?
Other member benefits?

Each of these things have different values to different members: some love the magazine, some don't read; some love the forum, some can't type; some like the big rally, some get out of their comfort zone one state away from home.

All true statements however every member probably expects whatever portion he/she partakes in to work and/or function as designed. I see a number of people complain about the web site but I don't seem to have any issues. Every once in awhile when I click it definitely stays put for longer than it should but it will go to the link. I'm using a Mac with Safari 5.1.9 and I've been very satisfied with the service overall. I'm about as close to a zero buying consumer as one can be so I never use the flea market so I can't comment on that. I have noticed people seem to have issues with that as well.

All true statements however every member probably expects whatever portion he/she partakes in to work and/or function as designed. I see a number of people complain about the web site but I don't seem to have any issues. Every once in awhile when I click it definitely stays put for longer than it should but it will go to the link. I'm using a Mac with Safari 5.1.9 and I've been very satisfied with the service overall. I'm about as close to a zero buying consumer as one can be so I never use the flea market so I can't comment on that. I have noticed people seem to have issues with that as well.

I also see where some folks have issues with the technology offerings of BMW MOA. I have a glitch every now and then too, but no more than with many other sites I frequent. Insofar as I joined MOA as a motorcycle club and not a computer club many years ago, I see the web site and the forum as pleasant additions to the magazine, and rallies, and friendships, and the other things I joined for in the first place (in 1977). Given that the forum is moderated and maintained to a considerable degree by unpaid volunteer members, I tend to be a little forgiving when something doesn't work quite right once in a while.

I'm with Paul...

Tried in vain to post an ad to sell some BMW stuff. The form for the Flea market was needlessly complex. Thought I was ready to publish to ad whereupon I was bounced to some bogus website trying to sell me college degree programs (I'm a psychologist and have more than enough of the damn things to begin with). I understand sponsors but when a sponsor is hellbent on forcing something down your throat to the point wherein you cannot use the site for it's intended purpose it's time to clean house!!

Will, as I said in your other post, I'm pretty sure that the Flea Market is not built that way. Something out of the ordinary must be going on. :dunno

FWIW: To #1 in OP: Initially I a similar problem. I use Google Chrome. I fiddled with my browser history and auto fill settings; now the problem only shows up when I dump all browser history, do a disc cleanup and defrag.

No experience with the other issues

Back