• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Maintenance Schedule?

royce

Gee, don't I feel stupid! Just got around to noticing that my 2012 F800ST owner's manual does not have a maintenance schedule included. It's the first new motor vehicle I've ever had that did not include a maintenance schedule for owner guidance. I know the on-board computer readout--when properly set and reset by the dealer--tells the rider when the next service is due, but what about what type of service is required? When is the oil and filter to be changed? When are the valves to be checked and adjusted? When is the coolant to be flushed? When is the brake and clutch fluid to be changed? etc.

Is there an online source when I can download a correct maintenance schedule for the F800ST?

Gee, don't I feel stupid! Just got around to noticing that my 2012 F800ST owner's manual does not have a maintenance schedule included. It's the first new motor vehicle I've ever had that did not include a maintenance schedule for owner guidance. I know the on-board computer readout--when properly set and reset by the dealer--tells the rider when the next service is due, but what about what type of service is required? When is the oil and filter to be changed? When are the valves to be checked and adjusted? When is the coolant to be flushed? When is the brake and clutch fluid to be changed? etc.

Is there an online source when I can download a correct maintenance schedule for the F800ST?

The service documents are "live" and the one's you find online may or may not be current. Contact your dealer and give them the last 7 characters of the VIN. With that they can print out the most current service recommendations.

Of course, A&S is a dealer.

Just to clarify here as I do realize A&S is a dealer. The A&S documents are not the "live" documents a dealer see's; they are PDF's from a previously posted DCS document. I don't know how often A&S updates the PDF's to the latest version. It would probably be a safe assumption their not posting the latest documents on a daily basis. For example, BMW changes the document today and makes it available for download tonight. I am unaware of BMW notifying the dealer network of changes that take place other than through the VIN entry. The new document just happens to have something different on it. A dealer gets to those documents through their DCS system. A customer has no way of obtaining the latest document without giving the last 7 of the VIN to an authorized BMW dealer. I always advise self-maintainers to get the most current document as close to your service date as possible. Although the doc's do not change frequently they can and do change. You might as well work off the latest version.

Thanks for the link AKBEEMER! and thanks for posting this question royce.

I have been both disgusted and frustrated by my F800 manual's lack of maintenance schedule and my dealer's refusal to supply one, I find the whole thing quite unbelievable especially when compared with the fine manuals and tool-kits of yore, (you can rebuild most of an R75 with the factory supplied tools and literature found under the seat)! Does BMW really think their customers have become too stupid to perform even basic maintenance and have their dealers become too greedy to allow it? I'm glad to find this info is in fact available since aside from warranty repairs I'd prefer to do my own service while also ensuring the bike remains within warranty and is fully maintained as needed.

Back