• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

****ing Hell beer

BCKRider

Kbiker
Mod's, please don't delete this until you check the Wikipedia link below. My attempt to copy and forward the email forwarded to me was mostly unsuccessful. (Great picture of the beer with label and a map showing the location of ****ing, Austria did not copy. Sorry. Anyone else more computer savvy able to find and send the whole thing as a reply?) Funny as they were, the Wikipedia article puts it all in perspective - and is even funnier! If you could use a laugh, click on it (I hope this works.)

Subject: FW: An Excuse To Drink and Swear

Something new for the beer drinkers...

The European Union (EU) has granted permit
to an Austrian brewery to use officially the
controversial name of their beer: ****ing Hell.
It is a fully legitimate permit.

"Hell" in German means "Light" and the beer is
produced in the Austrian town of ****ing.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****ing,_Austria)

--

This is an IMMEDIATE REPLY to my own thread - and for me, at least, it just gets funnier. Please know:
1. Neither I nor a mod inserted **** before "ing" wherever this 7 letter word appears. If you have an inkling what this word might be and do not want to see it, please DO NOT click on the Wikipedia link. There is a program which is saving us posters from at least some moderator wrath, but it isn't able to alter links. (Yet.)
2. The link DOES work. It is a short history lesson on a very old and small town. If you don't laugh several times reading it, well, I guess we all find different things funny.

Doug -

The forum software inserts the asterisks automatically for a special set of words. Think George Carlin! No need to copy-n-paste the entire wikipedia article...just let people follow the link.

According to the website, the town's name rhymes with "booking"...not the way we might say it!

Great Bier names

When I was a youngh enlisted man in Germany we enjoyed many of the local brews. The biers were often named after the locale wherein they were brewed. Thus bier brewed in Bitburg became Bitburger, in Wuerzburg the local favorite was Wuerzburger, or in Heidelberg you might drink a Heidelberger. While stationed in Northern Bavaria in the mid 1980s there are a small town near our base with a brewery. And we kept a couple of cases handy. Just announcing your intention to have one would generate smiles all around.

The village was named Furburg.

Duty First!

Back