Thread: New color/graphics combo

New color/graphics combo

Just back from the dealer, checked out the new RT in Blue and Grey. I've seen it at two dealers now and neither has sold the day it arrived. And it me took a little while to start liking mix. The colors I like however I always seem to have an aversion to graphics. What's the consensus of this color package and graphics....over the top or good mix?
    [B]MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

I just brought home my San Marino Blue/Granite Grey RT. It was in the showroom less than 24 hours before I walked in and bought it. I bought it for the bright blue, because the matte does nothing for me, and the ebony, although gorgeous in full sunlight, is too dark, plus it'll show scratches and swirl marks. The graphics break it up nicely although they pretty much preclude getting any pinstriping.

I figure I can always have the grey on the front painted over the winter, if that's what I want. The grey does seem to visually shrink the frontal view of the bike, because it's BIG from the front. Bigger than the GTL I traded.

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by wbrownell9 View Post
    I just brought home my San Marino Blue/Granite Grey RT. It was in the showroom less than 24 hours before I walked in and bought it. I bought it for the bright blue, because the matte does nothing for me, and the ebony, although gorgeous in full sunlight, is too dark, plus it'll show scratches and swirl marks. The graphics break it up nicely although they pretty much preclude getting any pinstriping.

I figure I can always have the grey on the front painted over the winter, if that's what I want. The grey does seem to visually shrink the frontal view of the bike, because it's BIG from the front. Bigger than the GTL I traded.
    Congrats on your new scoot. I know how excited you must feel!
    As you can see in my signature, I am anxiously awaiting mine I have ordered in the same color. Personally I think the grey front fascia offsets the blue nicely. I read when BMW designed this bike their goal was to obtain the look of separation from the main body as if it was "floating". I thought about what it would look like to paint match the fascia blue, but then the only part of the bike that would be grey would be the panels on the sides by your knees and legs. That would then seem out of place IMO. To me the grey fascia looks like a the head of a bird of prey. I really like it! Enjoy your new ride and please post up some pics when you have a chance
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

Yes, congrats on the new...true blue RT. I'm leaning toward it more....
    [B]MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

It is a beauty. Who can resist?

left side before assembly.jpg

Pick it up tomorrow (Friday, 10/31)
    Last edited by bmwdean; 10-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Jeff Dean − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/founders.htm
    http://bmwdean.com/

Okay, you guys made me do it....pick it up Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [B]MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

Very nice.....Good luck with it.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by bmwdean View Post

left side before assembly.jpg

Dean, You're as bad as me...wasn't it just a few days ago we were saying not going to do it? Well congrats....
    [B]MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

Here's mine. I had that grin the whole way home. Haven't been able to ride much because that dang day job thing gets in the way. Saturday it'll be raining while I'm getting a new heater installed. Sunday though...

I'll really be upset if I come in for the 600 mile service next Friday with only 600 miles.

1-20141028_153730-001.jpg

Here's mine. I had that grin the whole way home. Haven't been able to ride much because that dang day job thing gets in the way. Saturday it'll be raining while I'm getting a new heater installed. Sunday though...

I'll really be upset if I come in for the 600 mile service next Friday with only 600 miles.

1-20141028_153730-001.jpg
    Looks great I can hardly wait. Where are they mounting the heater....there's not enough room under the seat....LOL
    [B]MOA #46783
    2015 R1200RT

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bmwdean View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Okay, you guys made me do it....pick it up Monday.

Oh my goodness!!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!! LOL Those are so damn awesome looking! Congrats on your new scoots. After seeing these pics I now know 100% I made the right color choice. I just can't believe I have to wait nearly 2 more months while mine is being built. C'mon on man! I'm ready to eat some tarmac!
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

Love the new color

Sold my 2014--coffin gray-- back to THE BOYS and ordered a 15 last week in Marino Blue! Will be worth the
    wait! Djm

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    The bright / gloss blue looks great! I do wish the nacelle had a little more pizzazz though... Congrats to you!!!