Thread: 2015 R1200GS - Valve Cover Protector Help

2015 R1200GS - Valve Cover Protector Help

I purchased part number 77148533745 Stainless Steel Valve Cover Guards and received them yesterday. Unlike other BMW accessories that included an entire book on installation in 26 languages, all I got was a single piece of paper referencing the ASAP portal for instructions. Installation seems straightforward except for one piece. The parts fiche doesn't show it so maybe some here can help me out. The "extra" part is circled in red. Any ideas?

2015 R1200GS
    1975 R90/6

Remove the spark plug cover first. You will see a shoulder bushing under the screw. This is replaced by the longer washer in the kit. Put the new long stud in the front of the cover. Attach the guard with the small screw in the back of the head first with the spark plug cover.
    I had the dealer email me the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Thanks!
    2015 R1200GS
    1975 R90/6

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenfrancois View Post
    Remove the spark plug cover first. You will see a shoulder bushing under the screw. This is replaced by the longer washer in the kit. Put the new long stud in the front of the cover. Attach the guard with the small screw in the back of the head first with the spark plug cover.
    I had the dealer email me the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    Boom! First reply! And this is why this forum is awesome!
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing, 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT