• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Here Comes the Liquid-Cooled RT!

greenwald

Paging thru my July 2013 issue of MOTORCYCLIST last night, I noticed the 'spy' photos of the 2014 R1200RT undergoing final road testing in southern France - a liquid-cooled R1200RT.

The published 'photo' in the magazine is actually a representation of what the 2014 model will most likely look like - bigger fairing and all.

Appears very stylish. :german

Last edited:
What photo?

Paging thru my July 2013 issue of MOTORCYCLIST last night, I noticed the 'spy' photos of the 2014 R1200RT undergoing final road testing in southern France - a liquid-cooled R1200RT.

The accompanying 'photo' is actually a representation of what the 2014 model will most likely look like - bigger fairing and all.

Looks very stylish. :german

Did you intend to publish a photo?

Edit. Here is a link

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1307_2014_bmw_r1200rt_spied/

Last edited:
After a cross country ride on the GS, I can assure that all you RT riders are going to LOVE this new motor. :nod

You should be able to accelerate suitably enough for passing while riding uphill, 2-up with luggage.

Ian

Oh what the heck? You guys baited me, thought there might be some new info! What do you figure, February?

Oh what the heck? You guys baited me, thought there might be some new info! What do you figure, February?

The local dealer (Vancouver, BC, Canada) told me (two days ago) The RT it is on the sheet for mid 2014 delivery, but he also said the GSA was to come out first. And so RT for 2014 he speculated might be July or August.
But that is his opinion, no hard facts.

The local dealer (Vancouver, BC, Canada) told me (two days ago) The RT it is on the sheet for mid 2014 delivery, but he also said the GSA was to come out first. And so RT for 2014 he speculated might be July or August.
But that is his opinion, no hard facts.

I guess he'll know for sure when his mechanics have to get trained on the new models.

The dealer (Motohio) told me maybe this Spring for the 2014 RT but I think that was just a guess. I really love my 05 but I'm really thinking I might like to try a Wethead. I have owned a Air Head , Oil Head and Hex Head, guess I might as well try a Wet Head :)

My dealer and I were speculating that he might see the new RT at the dealer meeting this week in California.

As much as I loved my RT I'm afraid the insurance adjuster is going to say I need a new one. This is the result of Friday's commute to work:

Sorry to see that Dave. Are those aftermarket seats? If so I'd quickly switch the stockers back on in case the insurance company takes the bike.

Back