• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kaoko throttle control installed

SCOOTERRATON

Scooter Whisperer
After reading the WBW review I decided to order. I went to Kaoko's site and had to select "not listed" . I got a pretty quick response from them diredting me to Twisted Throttle and I gave them a call. They expected delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. That was fine with me as it was a new product from Kaoko. Then Kaoko emailed me again to make sure I had been contacted and taken care of.

Excellent customer service from Kaoko and Twisted Throttle...need to email them a thanks!

I ordered the Kaoko about 6 weeks ago from Twisted Throttle and it arrived yesterday.

WBW's review was spot on!

Installation is a snap...took maybe 2 minutes. I was used to a brake-away so this will take a little getting used to.

I had a 300+ mile run today so I got a chance to check it out. I need more experience with it but I really like it. Holds the throttle position well but can still roll on and off fairly easily. I wasn't able to "lock" the throttle to where I couldn't roll it off even though I tried a few times.

Good call WBW!!!! Thanks!

Excel cycle werks, has just come out with their own throttle lock. Talking with owner Jerry last week in regards to Stebel horn kit(will be out shortly for 600/650 he explained his design and their is a video on his web site. Will be installing both on our 650 shortly
Report to follow

After reading the WBW review I decided to order. I went to Kaoko's site and had to select "not listed" . I got a pretty quick response from them diredting me to Twisted Throttle and I gave them a call. They expected delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. That was fine with me as it was a new product from Kaoko. Then Kaoko emailed me again to make sure I had been contacted and taken care of.

Excellent customer service from Kaoko and Twisted Throttle...need to email them a thanks!

I ordered the Kaoko about 6 weeks ago from Twisted Throttle and it arrived yesterday.

WBW's review was spot on!

Installation is a snap...took maybe 2 minutes. I was used to a brake-away so this will take a little getting used to.

I had a 300+ mile run today so I got a chance to check it out. I need more experience with it but I really like it. Holds the throttle position well but can still roll on and off fairly easily. I wasn't able to "lock" the throttle to where I couldn't roll it off even though I tried a few times.

Good call WBW!!!! Thanks!

What is a WBW reveiw, and were can I find it to read? I googled it and it came up all kinds of crazy stuff. I never know any of these computer acronyms that everyone uses these days. I'm sure it will be obvious once I am told what it is.

Mine showed up this week as well but I haven't had time to install it.

I do have one complaint before trying it. They put a lovely powder coat on it, but then wrapped it up with an allen wrench in the barrel and the shorter part of the L sticking out. Well, that wrench then cracked and chipped off the powder coat on the end of the control! The part that's chipped will be inside the bar, so it's not that big a deal, but it makes me wonder if the thing's going to rust now, etc., and this defies common sense - you do not wrap tools up loosely with painted parts! Anyone else notice the same?

What is a WBW reveiw, and were can I find it to read? I googled it and it came up all kinds of crazy stuff. I never know any of these computer acronyms that everyone uses these days. I'm sure it will be obvious once I am told what it is.

Sorry about that...sometimes I forget to put the details in.

WBW is as stated above WebBikeWorld. I have found them to be an excellent source of information. I think their reviews are fair and I have found them to be accurate. I was excited when I saw that the c650gt was going to be their project bike this year. They have been and will be checking out all sorts of specific items for this model!

Here is a link to their review
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/kaoko-throttle-control/

kaoko-throttle-control-review.jpg

and the WBW home page
http://www.webbikeworld.com/
I have no association with them other than I read alot of their reviews!

Here is the Kaoko home page
http://www.kaoko.com/default.aspx

Mine showed up this week as well but I haven't had time to install it.

I do have one complaint before trying it. They put a lovely powder coat on it, but then wrapped it up with an allen wrench in the barrel and the shorter part of the L sticking out. Well, that wrench then cracked and chipped off the powder coat on the end of the control! The part that's chipped will be inside the bar, so it's not that big a deal, but it makes me wonder if the thing's going to rust now, etc., and this defies common sense - you do not wrap tools up loosely with painted parts! Anyone else notice the same?

I didn't think about it until you mentioned it but mine came the same way. I didn't notice any damage to the finish...but yeah...not a great packing idea.

Sorry about that...sometimes I forget to put the details in.

WBW is as stated above WebBikeWorld. I have found them to be an excellent source of information. I think their reviews are fair and I have found them to be accurate. I was excited when I saw that the c650gt was going to be their project bike this year. They have been and will be checking out all sorts of specific items for this model!

Here is a link to their review
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/kaoko-throttle-control/

View attachment 40234

and the WBW home page
http://www.webbikeworld.com/
I have no association with them other than I read alot of their reviews!

Here is the Kaoko home page
http://www.kaoko.com/default.aspx

No need to be sorry, I appreciate all the infomation I can get on this site. I have very, very, limited use and knowledge of computers and the web.

Back