• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dunlap Roadsmart for the RT - thoughts?

derost

beemerFROG
Motorcycle Superstore has the Dunlap Roadsmart (not the Roadsmart 2) on sale for half off... that's under $100 ea!

These would be going on a 2000 RT and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these. I was going to get the Pirelli Angel GT to replace the PR2's I have on now... which I don't care for.

Anyone with thoughts or experience that would like to chime in, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Motorcycle Superstore has the Dunlap Roadsmart (not the Roadsmart 2) on sale for half off... that's under $100 ea!

These would be going on a 2000 RT and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these. I was going to get the Pirelli Angel GT to replace the PR2's I have on now... which I don't care for.

Anyone with thoughts or experience that would like to chime in, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Ultimately personal preference but the Roadsmart are decent tires. If you're goal is to get an excellent deal I would not hesitate in buying the tires.

I've got them on my 2002 R1150RT & they work well for me. Looks like a good price too!

Sent via mental telepathy.

I've had them on my 1100S. Excellent mileage with good grip on the rear. Average mileage with good grip on the front. At 1/2 off, I'd buy 1 rear and two fronts.

The roadsmarts where great tires for my FJR1300 when I had that bike. I go out on a limb and venture the tires would be fine for the RT. Anything but the Pirelli's. I went down on a Triumph Sprint in 2006 and I believe the Pirelli's I had on the bike contributed to the accident...

Perry

The roadsmarts where great tires for my FJR1300 when I had that bike. I go out on a limb and venture the tires would be fine for the RT. Anything but the Pirelli's. I went down on a Triumph Sprint in 2006 and I believe the Pirelli's I had on the bike contributed to the accident...

Perry

My experience with RoadSmarts on our R1150RT explains the half off sale. They only last for half the normal mileage.

Well I've got them on order... Revzilla matched the price, plus I had $50 in zilla cash so I ended up with them for $138/ set shipped! At that price I don't care about the mileage.

We'll see how they do and a report will follow...

Thanks for the input, now go ride your bike!

Back