• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'12 RT Front Brake Spring Question

liv2ride

I was checking tire pressure last night and I noticed what appears to be a spring/tab for the front brake caliper that appeared peculiar. I am not sure why I haven't noticed this before since I clean the bike and check tire pressure on average about once a week.

Does this look right to you folks?

Thanks in advance.

Scot

Attachments

• R_Front_Brake2.jpg
    R_Front_Brake2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 70
My picture is not real clear, but the spring on my 2011 K1300S looks the same.

IMG_0229.jpg

Different caliper designs use different ways to supply some down (inward) pressure on the pads to ensure they remain in proper position. Your bike uses that flat spring and a single pin through the pad.
Other designs use two pins, a single pin plus a different type of spring, molded in tabs, etc etc..

Thank you for the responses. Before posting I did compare to the left side which appeared the same. I just wanted someone else to chime in to validate.

Those pesky springs try and try to escape. Best they've ever been able to manage is to peek their little heads out. Unfortunately for them, once they get their heads out, they're much like a big dog getting stuck in the little doggie door. As long as most of them is still stuck on the inside, you're ok......

Attachments

• noonesees.jpg
    noonesees.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 36
Back