• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member in Olympia, WA

frank.debros

Hey guys, new BMW owner in the Olympia area.

Came over from an Aprilia Tuono. Finally realized that, being 6'5", what I really needed was a 1200GS (and when I first got the Tuono, what I really wanted was a K1200R, but that's a whole other story), so I traded the Tuono back in December for a new 2012 GSA from the fine folks at South Sound BMW and joined the MOA at the Seattle IMS the same day. Loving it. Looking to get into some adventure stuff as the weather gets warmer. Registered for the PSS Off-Road course coming up this weekend, and the AltRider Ride the Hoh trip in August. Will be down at the rally in July. The Tuono was fun, but I don't think I ever saw another Aprilia in the five years I owned it (no joke). On the BMW it's like I'm part of a group of friends, all with stories and tips to share, be it for an R, a GS, or an RT, we're all boxer buddies (whoa, wait a minute...).

Been lurking on ADVRider since last summer when I first hatched this crazy plan of getting a bike worth more than my truck and then riding it off into the wilderness. I'm SwissFreek over there. Now, if only I could figure out how to change my username to that here. How come I didn't get to pick???

Anyway, see you guys around the Sound and Peninsula...

Hey guys, new BMW owner in the Olympia area.

Came over from an Aprilia Tuono. Finally realized that, being 6'5", what I really needed was a 1200GS (and when I first got the Tuono, what I really wanted was a K1200R, but that's a whole other story), so I traded the Tuono back in December for a new 2012 GSA from the fine folks at South Sound BMW and joined the MOA at the Seattle IMS the same day. Loving it. Looking to get into some adventure stuff as the weather gets warmer. Registered for the PSS Off-Road course coming up this weekend, and the AltRider Ride the Hoh trip in August. Will be down at the rally in July. The Tuono was fun, but I don't think I ever saw another Aprilia in the five years I owned it (no joke). On the BMW it's like I'm part of a group of friends, all with stories and tips to share, be it for an R, a GS, or an RT, we're all boxer buddies (whoa, wait a minute...).

Been lurking on ADVRider since last summer when I first hatched this crazy plan of getting a bike worth more than my truck and then riding it off into the wilderness. I'm SwissFreek over there. Now, if only I could figure out how to change my username to that here. How come I didn't get to pick???

Anyway, see you guys around the Sound and Peninsula...

Welcome to Beemerland, I can see you're already having a great time!

BTW, we S folks are okay too... :dance

Cheers! Bill

Welcome to the club. You have great riding in the great Pacific Northwest. Of this I know.

See you in Salem at the Ralley (You are going arn't you?)

Yup, I'll be slabbing it down from Olympia for the rally. I can't justify the amount of time to leave early and do the GS Giant, sadly, but I did sign up, so when the itinerary shows up I'll see if there's anything I can fit into my trip. Damn shame considering that the rally is in my back yard this year.

Back