• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Musical Time Warp

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
In a bit of a musical time warp- and an odd play of coincidence, two award shows for the music industry this weekend.
The first, playing on one of the HBO stations is the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions. It's 3 hours or so of music that I could listen to over and over, and that's even with the Inductees (a few) that I'm not familiar with.
The second is the 2013 Billboard Music awards :scratch :dunno must be me.
I guess it's my overly simplistic view of talent- that is that an artist that can entertain by themselves, makes for music that I can appreciate.
Perhaps it's the music industry itself that chooses to manufacture a show rather than let talent develop as it could.
If you enjoy music and get a chance to see the R&R Hall of Fame induction, I don't think you will be disappointed. Watching Jennifer Hudson sing
2013 inductee, Donna Summer, is a great example of musical talent.
OM

Rush was really good too......Not saying that because they are my favorite band and I have seen them a few times as well. The song they all did "Crossroads" should be for sale somewhere. That was a great performance!

Back