• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hey, where are the Idaho riders?

I just got to say I envy you moving to Idaho.
I was just up there thru' Cascade and Riggins (nice Chevron on the way up and on the way back, even if it was in the rain) and Moscow and up to Bonner's Ferry, then from Lolo to Grangeville, Cascade (it's nice there) and down and over to Stanley and Ketchum and Twin Falls.
And one of the nicest things about Idaho that I found was ... it's right beside Montana.
I might not like the winters there, tho'.
dc

jealous

I lived in Post Falls for ten years until the job went away. I miss it terribly. Butler Maps has an Idaho map and it is worthwhile. There are better roads than Lolo! Enjoy that wonderful state and maybe I can return if I ever retire.

Just watch out for revenue officers, especially on Hwy 12 heading east out of the Lewiston area. They will pull you over for 2mph over there, and they issue tickets, not warnings. If I recall, the fine is the same from 1mph-10mph over the limit, or something like that. Last time I got pulled over there is was for 4mph over, with my daughter on the back. Both of us in full protective gear with armor. Had to listen to a long story about how many HD riders he's seen pulled out of the river, not wearing helmets, etc. It was daytime, hardly any traffic. It has been obvious the couple of times I have been stopped going barely over the limit (I know, I know, the limit is the limit) that it's about the revenue, and doesn't have much to do with public safety. Thankfully the folks with the prosecutors office in Lewiston are fairly reasonable and I got one dismissed easily.

Up in Bonner and Boundary Counties I rarely see a LEO on the road. That stretch of 12 out of Lewiston seems to be very heavily patrolled though.

You will enjoy a lot of time exploring Idaho via bike. The Stanley area is a personal favorite. If you end up with a dualsport you will truly be in Nirvana. I recently went from the McCall area over to Stanley mostly on dirt and it was beautiful, and a lot of fun. The climate is such that things like old mining sites can be amazingly well preserved and fun to check out.

Back