• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

OEM to aftermarket relay interchange

I have a question, does anyone have or know where a list of interchangeable relays for a 86 R80 might be. I went to airheads.com as listed in the resources list and I could not find. I just want to get extra relays but not a BMW price.

Was that Airheads.org? With the switchover on their website, a lot of the good content has been removed...copyright issues they claim. You were looking for Joe Cuda's relay article, which Joe has not re-uploaded and likely will not. Haven't seen it around anywhere else. That article was extensive. If you could list the specific BMW part numbers for the relays you're interested in, I can probably help by looking at a cached version of his article that I saved. I might be able to pick off some of this recommendations.

BMW Part #s

Thanks for the help below are the listed relays

61 31 1 244 392 HAZARD WARNING RELAY

FOR STARTER :
02 61 36 1 389 105 RELAY IN ZINC YELLOW

61 32 1 244 411 RELAY

Relay info:

Attachments

• Relay1.jpg
    Relay1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Relay2.jpg