• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GTL rider protection

tf78933

MOA #188066
Considering moving to the dark side. Since most of my riding is two-up, I am considering trading my 09 RT for a GTL. We test road one today and it seems my wife had more air blast sitting up higher. I don't like looking through the windshield so at eye level, its more pronounced for her. I would imagine with a good rain she might be dealing with a lot more water.

I would appreciate any feed back, thoughts, opinions, etc. What about aftermarket windscreens?

Thanks.

Last edited:
In a different thread, I was reading that a lot of BMW MOA members believe the best rider protection is to carry a gun with them at all times.:p

I've just switched to a Cee Bailey 26" wide and initial results are very good. I'm 6'2" with a long torso 30" inseam, and I can almost ride with it fully down looking over the top. (And quiet air) seems about an inch up puts the airflow right into the vent on the top of my helmet.

I find the protection of the GT windscreen to be pretty good. I like the V-notch in it so that when I raise it up I still look over it. I can't speak to pillion comfort with it as my riding is 100% solo.

Back