• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best way to lock helmet? 2005 R1200GS

STANTONBARBAS

New GS rider (new rider in general). What is the best way to lock my helmet to my bike? I have an expensive Nolan helmet that i would prefer not get jacked.

I am open for any ideas, so i am excited to hear what works!

If it matters, i have a 2005 R1200GS. THANKS GUYS/GALS!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a coiled plastic-coated cable with a combination lock. OR make your own. I made two cables of different lengths. I run one thru the sleeve of my jacket then thru the D-ring of the helmet then attach to my 08 RT. the other cable is shorter. I use it to affix my tank bag by weaving the cable around the handlebars. I bought two small master locks that use the same key. It works well, albeit the clothes/helmet locking takes a couple minutes.

I carry a plastic coated cable gun lock in my bag for my helmet whenever I need to lock it to the bike.

Plastic coated cable for me also. My Schuberth does not have the D-rings for the chin strap. I have to wrap the cable through the visor. I found the short, plastic coated cable at REI. Around 12 bucks if I remember right.
John

Z-technik makes a plate that mounts behind your license plate, and then offers two locks for helmets. Have had it on several different models over the past decade.

Works great - takes care of 2 helmets. No need to fumble with cables, padlocks, etc. ! :thumb

I use a plastic coated cable and small lock. I bought a gun cable lock but it was a little on the heavy side.

tie wraps

cheap and they're good for a lot of other stuff. don't leave home without them...got little swiss army knife with scissors on my key chain.

just not beemeresque.

Last edited:
Back