• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Running Lights on BMW GS650

WOODY8023

I recently purchased a GS650 with running lights. I know they have a special name (Pecia???) or something close to that. Anyway, I need to change one of the light bulbs, but am unable to determine how to remove the old bulb. I"m looking for suggestions. I wouldn't mind a direct email in Outlook Express ( lrobbert1@centurytel.net) Thanks

I don't know that anyone is going to be able to help without knowing exactly what you have.
Might they be PIAA?
What model?

PIAA makes about a hundred different models and style of auxiliary lighting.
If bulb removal is not apparent, I would suggest taking it to the dealer for replacement.

Alternatively you could contact PIAA with the model number and request instructions.

Brian

PIAA makes about a hundred different models and style of auxiliary lighting.

Yeah, they do. They even make a set-up specifically for the BMW F650/800GS

Do they look like these? If they do they are 510 series lamps that uses an H3 bulb.

is.aspx
piaa510real2.gif
is.aspx

Two screws, at the sides, under the plastic stone guard (which should just pop off). Remove the screws and the reflector will come out (it may take some coaxing). Disconnect the connector and remove the bulb.

Ref. > PIAA 510 Series > http://www.piaa.com/store/p/406-Bmw-F650-800Gs-Sport-Touring-Driving-Lamp-Kit.aspx

Once you get the reflector out you will see the H3 bulb holder on the back. Un-do the clip and the bulb will come out. WARNING: Do NOT touch the glass portion of the NEW BULB (skin oil will affect the longevity of the bulb).

This is not a PIAA but the H3 detail is the same.

IMG00213-20100127-1657.jpg

I would have emailed you, but this way everybody gets to learn something.
icon_wink.gif

Back