• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member in Omaha NE.

jeff.ferguson

My name is Jeff Ferguson and I'm a new member in Omaha. 47, retired military guy, current DoD civilian, wife, 4 kids, 2 dogs, minivan, Camry....you know the rest of the story. Been riding for 30+ years and have always admired BMWs, but always opted for a Harley or Triumph....until about a month ago when I pulled the trigger on purchasing a gorgeous 2004 r1150r from the guys at BMW of Omaha. At my age, I'm not out to impress the girls, win any races, or try to be a tough biker....I just wanted a nice, reliable bike that I can enjoy on the weekends, commute on regularly (50 miles round trip), and do an occasional Iron Butt or two on.

I was a little concerned that it had 26,000 miles on it, but after a lot of research I realized that this bike is just broken in and has tens of thousands of miles left on it. I'm loving it so far, even more so after I bought an Rockster seat to raise me up and give my knees a break.

My next dilemma is to determine if I can tackle the 30,000 mile service myself or take it in. Looking for advice on this - I have never been a serious "wrench" mainly because with the bikes I've owned in the past, I never had to. Is adjusting the valves as easy as everyone makes it out to be?

Anyway, there is my quick intro. I look forward to becoming a part of the MOA community. See ya all on the road.....

Jeff Ferguson

Thanks for your service to the USA :usa and welcome to the world of BMW bikes.

I'll let someone who is more familiar with your model answer the 30,000 mile service question. I had old airheads for many years and the valve adjustments were simple, but I am not familiar with your model.

Enjoy the ride!

Back