• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shock covers

creteman

Anyone install shock covers to protect and keep them clean like the fabric tube sleeves used on ATV if so where did you get them?

Thanks Jim

I got some rubber ones for my K75RT. I think I got them from Bob's BMW. Make sure you get the right length.

My local dealer got the ones I used on my GS out of some catalog. That was 6 or 7 years ago.

p-20061022-2107-2087.jpg

I made one for my front shock from a square foot of black marine-grade vinyl. Less than $5 at the local material outlet.
Measure the outside diameter and multiply by Pi to get the circumference; add 1/4" for "slip & slide" over the spring; and add another 1" for overlap (my total was about 10");
Trim down the [to be] "Vertical" side to allow access to any adjusters;
Glue it together & have the local shoe-repair shop add some stitching for reinforcement ($5 at my local guy);
Use some ty-wraps (I used 6) to anchor it to the top coil of the spring, and Viola!
(I have a Hugger on the rear wheel, so the shock stays fairly clean.)

Back