Thread: Boot Recommendations

Hybrid View

Boot Recommendations

Having just dumped my GS onto my right foot after losing my footing...I'm looking for some sturdy boots...something with ankle support yet not inflexable. What's worked well for you? Especially if you dropped a bike on your foot! Bikes fine, thank you.
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

... why did you do that Mac??? You weren't wearing flip-flops.... right?
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    ... why did you do that Mac??? You weren't wearing flip-flops.... right?
    Flip flops--no. A Pair of Clark desert boots which is what I wear off-bike about 80% of the time. I was going to an event where I'd be doing a lot of walking and as I pulled into the driveway, a LEO informed me I couldn't park there. I stopped, put my right foot out...it slid..and the bike and I did a slow "laugh-in" type tilt over. Foot bruised, Jesse bag has a slight war wound. Big deal! I just considered taking a picture of my blackened toes. Be thanksful I did not!
    But seriously folks ...I've been looking at the Aerostitch boots for a long time...and given the reccomendations here, I think I'll go that route. They're expensive but my feet are worth it.
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

I have the Combat Lights & love them. Took a bit to break in, but now they work great. I ride an RT...
    John.

I have 3 pairs of boots that I use with my GSA. Revit Apache for everyday sort of use. Sidi Adventure for longer rides, dirt roads. They are probably my favorite of the three because they are the most comfortable to walk in for any distance. And finally some old Alpinestar Vector offroad boots. They are almost full on motocross boots and I usually save them for the DR650 and pure offroad, but I've used them on the BMW too. They are my max protection boots, but are stiff enough that you don't feel the foot controls as well and you sure don't want to do any walking in them.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

I have started wearing a pair of Sidi Crossfire SRS boots more and more. They are not flexible so much in the foot. No worse than the Raichle Montagna mountain boots that we all wore a life time ago. Once you are used to the relatively solid food, the ankle moves wonderful easy in the direction is is supposed to go but is well braced laterally. I have come to really like these boots even as not main stream as other boots. After wearing these and Sidi Vortice, most of my other boots feel very very whimpy.

NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

From an Aerostich email received today:
    Name:  aero.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  85.7 KB

Of course, none of their BOOTS come in any width other than medium...

Larry
    2006 R1200RT

WB5PLJ

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaMac View Post
    Flip flops--no. A Pair of Clark desert boots which is what I wear off-bike about 80% of the time. I was going to an event where I'd be doing a lot of walking and as I pulled into the driveway, a LEO informed me I couldn't park there. I stopped, put my right foot out...it slid..and the bike and I did a slow "laugh-in" type tilt over. Foot bruised, Jesse bag has a slight war wound. Big deal! I just considered taking a picture of my blackened toes. Be thanksful I did not!
    But seriously folks ...I've been looking at the Aerostitch boots for a long time...and given the reccomendations here, I think I'll go that route. They're expensive but my feet are worth it.
    what is an LEO?

Quote Originally Posted by wb5plj View Post
    what is an LEO?
    Law Enforcement Officer
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaMac View Post
    I'm looking for some sturdy boots...something with ankle support yet not inflexable. What's worked well for you?

I got these last season and love 'em. Another Airhead in my club showed up with the same, 2X from him too...
    Just as you desire....sturdy with ankle support, but not inflexible. And so far, they seem to be very water
    resistant... Not designated as such, but dry feet to date in the pouring rain.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-c...-boots-20.html
    Gerald P
    The last thing I want to be is just like everyone else...
    1985 R80RT
    1969 Sport Fury Convertible

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I got a great pair of BMW Santiago Gore-tex size 47, I am selling.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wecm31 View Post
    I got these last season and love 'em. Another Airhead in my club showed up with the same, 2X from him too...
    Just as you desire....sturdy with ankle support, but not inflexible. And so far, they seem to be very water
    resistant... Not designated as such, but dry feet to date in the pouring rain.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-c...-boots-20.html
    I second the Combat Lites... best boots I've had...

Sidi On Road or the like

Aeroststich COMBATS:)

Been wearing the Combats by Aerostitch Rider Wearhouse in Diluth,MN. for years now and they are BOMBPROOF, extreme tough going boots. I ride offroad all the time on GSA1200 and cannot kill these boots. They are not listed as waterproof but ARE so, as I walk in creeks and all else kind a stuff to hurt these boots and my feet never get wet! They are tough/ heavy leather and give MUCH more protection than most boots, just short of M/X boots. These are my go too touring boots and I could not be happier. NOT a hiking boot, however so carry walking shoes for extended hiking. ALSO, as these come NEW, you'll find them very stiff(heavy leather) and needing a breakin period of a while. Once there, much happiness for a very long time and NOT likely needing another pair of boots for maybe your lifetime. IF you manage to wear em out, ALL the parts are sold to rebuild these boots, including soles. YOU WILL NOT wear these boots out, imo. Randy