• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So Who's Coming to MN in 2014?

Geoff

For those who don't know, it was recently announced that the BMWMOA Rally for 2014 will be held July 24TH through the 27TH in St. Paul, MN at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Anybody thinking of attending? We have some dedicated Airheads here that would like to make your experience an enjoyable one. You got questions? I'll try to answer them or get an answer for you. I'm not representing any particular group, however I ride an Airhead and live in Minnesota.There are some decent day rides in Southern MN and over in Wisconsin. The only drawback if you're staying at the fairgrounds that I see is, you're gonna have to fight through some urban traffic to get to the countryside. I know it's a long way off, but I'd be curious to know if any of y'all are considering attending...

I will definitely consider going to MN in 2014.
It's not a location that's high on my list of places to ride- traffic is NUTS in that area, but it's close enough that it would be well worth fighting traffic to attend.
(I live in the Green Bay, WI area.)

The in-laws live down the road in Faribault, so provided I can get the time off work, we'll make it the rally, then go visit the farm.

Are there still hotels available????

I'm pretty sure that you're being facetious, but yeah, since the Minnesota State Fairgrounds are basically between Minneapolis and St. Paul, there'll be hotel rooms a-plenty I reckon. The trick will be finding the ones with the "rate" for the rally.:D

Actually, if you were to stay in a hotel rather than camp, Faribault would be a nice location to HQ from. Only about an hour from the fairgrounds, and easy access to some more scenic roads. Also Faribault is a way more bike-friendly environment as opposed to the suburbs or city. Maybe some you fellow Minnesotans have other suggestions?

Actually, if you were to stay in a hotel rather than camp, Faribault would be a nice location to HQ from. Only about an hour from the fairgrounds, and easy access to some more scenic roads. Also Faribault is a way more bike-friendly environment as opposed to the suburbs or city. Maybe some you fellow Minnesotans have other suggestions?

I guess when it comes to access to better riding away from the city, I was thinking Stillwater may be a good spot to stay. Pretty much a direct freeway shot into the rally and access to some great scenery up and down the river.

It's only 300 miles for us, so we'll probably make this one.
With it being in the middle of the city and 250 to 300 mile round trip just to get to the roads we like in SE Mn. and SW Wis. we'll probably stay put on the grounds.
The weather should be better than the stinking hot temps at Sedalia last year.

the temps here are all over the place this year. Briefly hit 91 last tues. at my gargage with a long dragged out winter. spring finally broke for good this week. The federal temps are of course measured at the largest piece of concrete available, as in most cities, the international airport, thus the always highest readings? Surprized to hear the rally is in MN next year. will be there for sure.

Maybe...it was only 96 this past week in St. Paul!! :stick

Yeah, but 12 days before that it was snowing. It'll be July in Minnesota. The chances are good that it'll be cooler than Sedalia, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be cool. It's the 3rd week of July, it could be quite warm. So be it.

Currently, the only thing I am planning for the 3rd week in July 2014 is to still be alive....then again...

Fargo to the Farigrounds... sounds like a nice day-run (until you get in the city.) But beng the rally is THIS CLOSE, there's (so far) no reason why I should miss it.
Likely will stay at the fairgrounds, unless the weather turns, then it will be off to shelter with friends/family. Will have to bring my buddy along... he's a "naked goldwing" rider. (ummm, the bike is naked, not him!) :heh

As always, Paul and I will be there. Couldn't miss the BMW family reunion!

Voni
sMiling

I'm seriously considering it, sorry for the non-committal response. If not, I'll definitely make Vermont in 2015.
Oops! Forget I said that last part....

Back