• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1978 R100/7 - rear shocks

SCBuckeye

I definitely need rear shocks, not necessarily the springs, but for sure the shocks.

My question is this. I am not opposed to purchasing a pair of used shocks, so if anyone has some...

However, I am wondering what you folks recommend. If I would get new ones what and where would be the best to buy and who from?

I am not after factory original, but I want good quality as this bike will be mine probably for the rest of my life, and my son will probably inherit. So...I would like them to last a long time!

What all do you recommend? New" Used? What brand? How much?

Thanks

Jimmy, you may want to use the search function and search for "shocks" right here in the Airhead forum. There are multiple options out there which include IKON's (formerly know as KONI's), Works, Hagon, Progressive, etc.

I personally purchased a pair of IKON's from Bob's BMW a few years ago and have been very satisified.

Back