• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

my bike (2010 r12r) is running fine but

f14rio

i'm cogitating getting a gs 911. do those of you who have one find it to be worth the three hundred (or so) bucks?

is the blue tooth option worth the extra bucks?

If you do you own service I think it is a must to check for and clear codes; also helps with bleeding the brakes and testing components

Mine is not a BT model, never used one but if you are going to use it in your shop and not on the road I don't see where it is necessary. I always print my log afterwards, not sure how that works via BT, maybe someone can address it.

If you have a couple buddies perhaps you want to share the device and cost, I didn't look at it as a $300 expense but rather a tool that will save money while I am using it. If I ever quit riding BMW's I can recoup a few bucks back by selling it in the FM....

The gs911 helped me diagnose a sluggish clutch switch. I was glad I had the BT version when my bike quite running while I was on a trip and I used my phone and the gs911 to find out th. fuel pump controller was toast. I has saved me more than it cost.

The GS-911 is a very powerful tool. In addition to reading and clearing error codes, you can read and monitor all of the engine's sensors and make many tests and adjustments. How much of that you do is up to you. On the R1150 you can get a wealth of data, and on the R1200, even more.

When you eventually have a subtle problem, you can datalog values to what's called a CSV file that allows the data to be imported into Microsoft Excel, from there you can plot what's going on. As an example, here's my bike's cold start sequence. The AFR data is added from my Innovate Motorports LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor. The two products, GS-911 and LC-1 make a powerful diagnostic pair.

RB

motroniccoldstartsequence.jpg

Back