• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mounting bungee hooks on new BMW system side cases

refinger

Does anyone have any experience (preferably)/advice re: adding bungee hooks to the top of the "new" (to me at least) BMW system cases? The double-wall construction on the top seems to thwart this as I can't really see where it would be safe to drill for the extra long bolts needed to mount the metal loops for attaching bungees (or other straps to hold a duffle) without running afoul of the case opening/locking mechanism.

There was a detailed thread, with pictures, showing how to do this that was posted 4-5 years ago. As I recall it entailed disassembling the cases and that appeared to be a complex operation. The thread disuaded me from attempting to install the attachment points. Good luck finding the thread.

It can be done, if your talking vario cases, it's more work than its worth
A good marine supply place is the best place to start, recommend West Marine if they are near you
Use stainless fittings and thread lock everything
Stay away from bungee cords, go with Roc Straps 100% better

Back