• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Battery Removal 07 GT

marty

Marty
My 07 GT is is need of it's 1st battery change. I've been looking in the forums and on the Repair Manual CD, but can't seem to find anything on the removal procedure.
It looks straightforward enough ... take the cover off and remove the 2 screws holding the battery in place, then disconnect the terminal leads.
Anything I should be aware of and should one lead be disconnected 1st and connected 1st?
I always worked on my 85 RT, but I feel nervous with the new GT.
Could use some advice, or and point in the right direction. Thanks

My 07 GT is is need of it's 1st battery change. I've been looking in the forums and on the Repair Manual CD, but can't seem to find anything on the removal procedure.
It looks straightforward enough ... take the cover off and remove the 2 screws holding the battery in place, then disconnect the terminal leads.
Anything I should be aware of and should one lead be disconnected 1st and connected 1st?
I always worked on my 85 RT, but I feel nervous with the new GT.
Could use some advice, or and point in the right direction. Thanks

Ground off first and back on last. That way when your wrench touches ground when you are messing with the positive post, you won't draw a million amps.

Battery Removal

Thanks for the advice. I guess I was lucky with the 85 RT, I put 2 batteries in in 24 years of service and well over 100,000 miles! :D
Looked again at the GT and it will a snap.
Cheers

Back