• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMWNA and roadside assistance

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
I have a 2008 RT.
My BMW roadside assistance ended after 3 years, I renewed it for a year. I forgot last year, but thought I had renewed it. I called them last week to renew and they told me I had run out last August. So I told them wow, didn't know that, I thought I had renewed.

I asked if I could renew now? They said sure, they would have someone call me back.

A week later they called to tell me there were renewing me for one year for free because I was a loyal BMW Customer.

They treat me well. I'm just saying...

Very nice indeed! Can we renew in the US?

I don't see why not. Their number is 1 (800) 267-8269 and you need your VIN.

I have only used them once for my motorcycle for dead battery, and they were willing truck (flatbed) my bike from Garden Bay to the Vancouver, BC dealer (about a 3 hour trip including a 40 minute ferry ride that costs $80 to $100 for the truck) for free.

On my BMW X3, we had a flat tire - hit a metal piece of scrap that tore open the sidewall, 350 miles (yes miles not km) from the nearest BMW dealer. BMW used a flatbed to transport our X3 to Vancouver, BC (350 miles), paid for our taxi to the airport, our lunch, our dinner, our flights to Vancouver and the taxi from the airport to our home in North Vancouver (for my wife and I). We paid $350 for a new high-performance, run flat, 18" tire re & re'd. it must have cost BMW over $2000 for that little episode.

They treated us well.

I will always go with BMW roadside assist. Even if it costs slightly more than the competitor.

So can you renew BMW Roadside after the original factory warranty has ended? I am two years out of factory warranty and
have AAA Plus with the "RV" (motorcycle included) option, but the BMW option sounds much more robust. What does it cost
annually?

BMW assist

So can you renew BMW Roadside after the original factory warranty has ended? I am two years out of factory warranty and
have AAA Plus with the "RV" (motorcycle included) option, but the BMW option sounds much more robust. What does it cost
annually?

I can tell you that they've renewed mine.
I don't know what the cost would be, would be best phone them and ask them.

Please know that the coverage for BMW car, is much more extensive and comprehensive than the coverage for motorcycle. I.e., they have more limitations on the motorcycle coverage. So make sure you ask and understand what you're purchasing.

Back