• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

C650GT impression after 5,000 k's

Think we may have some surprises in the maintaince arena, going thought the BMW computer with my dealers service manager 12000 mile service could get expensive as it calls for replacing drive chain. Not sure what the interval is for the valves. So far in the US doubt if anyone has reached the 12k point yet, anyone out their had the chain/valve service yet. If so cost please.

The BMW schedule calls for replacement of the CVT belt, rollers and chain at 20,000 km. The CVT belt on the BMW is similar to the belt on the Burgman 400. BMW's maintenance schedule calls for replacement at around 12,000 miles (20,000km) and the Burgman 400's schedule is at 14,000 miles. The Burgman belt is frequently still in spec. well past 20,000 miles and many owners replace it then. The belt is a little over $150 and many owners can replace it in about an hour or so themselves. Suzuki does not have an interval on replacement of the rollers (they are frequently replaced with ones of different weights to change the gearing) and it does not have a chain.

I suspect the BMW belt, rollers and chain will be well within specs. long after the recommended service interval.

Boris Badenov here.
Checked on tire prices yet?
Muhahahaha!
All part of the game. I ain'ta skeered!

Dang!
So yesterday I took a boo at tires on the C.
Well now, crowned and lets see, easy over strip, medium over strip and the hard over strip.
2300 miles! They (these are the new 15in Metzeler's (name I do not recall)) wear like Pirelli's!!!

To be fair the bike is 745 lbs.
Yes that's right it weighs more than your RT.
Or maybe it's that incredibly low CG that's got me riding more aggressively?

Bike Bandit had a "sale" on so I snagged a set of Feel Frees for future abuse.

Last edited:
Back